There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in North Carolina
Around 0.1% of North Carolina's graduates graduate from bookkeeping certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 188 bookkeeping clerks graduate from North Carolina's 17 bookkeeping schools each year.
Brookstone College, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Charlotte. 3 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Brookstone College in 2010.
Miller-Motte College-Wilmington, which was ranked 79th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Wilmington. Students at Miller-Motte College-Wilmington paid $14,508 per year in tuition fees.
Edgecombe Community College, which is located in Tarboro, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Edgecombe Community College bookkeeping program. Edgecombe Community College charged in-state students $1,880 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a North Carolina bookkeeping school, average tuition will be $2,386 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,454 per year to $14,508 per year. The North Carolina bookkeeping schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Miller-Motte College-Wilmington - located in Wilmington, students are charged $14,508 per year
- Gaston College - located in Dallas, students are charged $1,984 per year
- Guilford Technical Community College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $1,981 per year
The following North Carolina bookkeeping schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Vance-Granville Community College - located in Henderson, students are charged $1,454 per year
- Lenoir Community College - located in Kinston, students are charged $1,703 per year
- Catawba Valley Community College - located in Hickory, students are charged $1,855 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
A large number of North Carolina bookkeeping graduates become bookkeeping clerks. North Carolina had 45,830 bookkeeping clerks in 2010. In North Carolina, the largest numbers of bookkeeping clerks work in the following counties:
- Anson County - 10,720 bookkeeping clerks
- Franklin County - 6,330 bookkeeping clerks
- Guilford County - 4,000 bookkeeping clerks
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of bookkeeping clerks is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 62,350 bookkeeping clerks working in the North Carolina then.
A bookkeeping clerk in North Carolina makes an average of $33,190 per year. In 2010, however, some North Carolina bookkeeping clerks earned as little as less than $18,060 per year or as much as more than $49,710 per year. On average a bookkeeping clerk earns the most in the following North Carolina counties:
- Chatham County - $36,550 per year
- Franklin County - $35,780 per year
- Anson County - $34,510 per year
The following counties in North Carolina have the lowest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Onslow County - $28,130 per year
- Alleghany County - $29,690 per year
- Bladen County - $30,300 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in North Carolina
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in North Carolina
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||45,830||$33,190||-7.7%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||14,280||$32,250||-1.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in North Carolina