There are schools offering business administration degrees in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in North Carolina
- Business Administration Degrees in Delaware
- Business Administration Degrees in Virginia
- Business Administration Degrees in South Carolina
- Business Administration Degrees in Washington DC
- Business Administration Degrees in Maryland
- Business Administration Degrees in West Virginia
- See All Schools in North Carolina
Approximately 4.9% of graduates in of North Carolina receive business administration degrees every year. Thus, North Carolina's 115 business administration schools put out approximately 10,699 general managers each year.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a business administration program is Duke University. Duke University, which was ranked 10th in the country in 2010, is located in Durham. In 2010, 784 students graduated from Duke University's business administration program. Duke University charged in-state students $40,243 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina with a business administration program is University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which is located in Chapel Hill. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. In 2010, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill graduated 756 students from its business administration program. Students at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill paid $6,665 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a business administration program is North Carolina State University at Raleigh. North Carolina State University at Raleigh, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Raleigh. In 2010, 656 students graduated from North Carolina State University at Raleigh business administration program. Tuition at North Carolina State University at Raleigh was $6,529 per year.
Business administration schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $8,765 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,243 per year, or as little as $1,422 per year. In 2010, the following North Carolina business administration schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Duke University - located in Durham, students are charged $40,243 per year
- Wake Forest University - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $39,970 per year
- Guilford College - located in Greensboro, students are charged $28,800 per year
The business administration schools in North Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Randolph Community College - located in Asheboro, students are charged $1,422 per year
- Vance-Granville Community College - located in Henderson, students are charged $1,454 per year
- Southeastern Community College - located in Whiteville, students are charged $1,455 per year
A business administration degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from business administration school in North Carolina go on to work as a general manager. 49,630 general managers were working in North Carolina in 2010. The largest populations of North Carolina general managers are working in the following counties:
- Anson County - 12,920 general managers
- Franklin County - 7,570 general managers
- Guilford County - 4,580 general managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of general managers is expected to shrink by -1% by 2018. There are projected to be 55,780 general managers working in the North Carolina then.
On average, a general manager earns a salary of $120,070 per year in North Carolina state. However, North Carolina general managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $46,510 per year to more than $165,180 per year in 2010. A general manager in the following North Carolina counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Anson County - $132,760 per year
- Chatham County - $127,910 per year
- Franklin County - $125,970 per year
The North Carolina counties with the lowest average salary for general managers are:
- Onslow County - $91,930 per year
- Alleghany County - $93,110 per year
- Wayne County - $99,250 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in North Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in North Carolina
- Certificate in Business Administration in North Carolina
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||49,630||$120,070||-12.3%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,230||$81,540||-17.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in North Carolina