There are schools offering dental assistant programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in North Carolina
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of North Carolina receive dental assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 296 dental assistants graduate from North Carolina's 21 dental assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina with a dental assistant program is University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which is located in Chapel Hill. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. In 2010, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill graduated no students from its dental assistant program. Students at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill paid $6,665 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina with a dental assistant program is Miller-Motte College-Wilmington, which is located in Wilmington. In 2010, it was ranked 79th nationwide. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Miller-Motte College-Wilmington dental assistant program. Tuition at Miller-Motte College-Wilmington was $14,508 per year.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina with a dental assistant program is Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, which is located in Salisbury. In 2010, it was ranked 80th nationwide. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Rowan-Cabarrus Community College dental assistant program. The tuition rate at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College was $1,920 per year.
Tuition at North Carolina's dental assistant schools ranges from $14,508 per year to $1,524 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,751 per year. In 2010, the following North Carolina dental assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Miller-Motte College-Wilmington - located in Wilmington, students are charged $14,508 per year
- Miller-Motte College-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $13,931 per year
- Miller-Motte College-Raleigh - located in Raleigh, students are charged $10,263 per year
The dental assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - located in Asheville, students are charged $1,609 per year
- Martin Community College - located in Williamston, students are charged $1,733 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in North Carolina go on to work as a dental assistant. If you decide to work as a dental assistant in North Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 8,390 North Carolina dental assistants as of 2010. The largest populations of North Carolina dental assistants are working in the following counties:
- Anson County - 1,650 dental assistants
- Franklin County - 1,200 dental assistants
- Guilford County - 640 dental assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 11,140 dental assistants will be working in North Carolina state. This would require the number of dental assistants to grow by 41%.
A dental assistant in North Carolina earns $35,920 per year on average. In 2010, however, some North Carolina dental assistants earned as little as less than $15,790 per year or as much as more than $54,860 per year. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for dental assistants:
- Wayne County - $39,940 per year
- Bladen County - $39,390 per year
- Franklin County - $39,240 per year
A dental assistant in the following counties in North Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Cumberland County - $32,930 per year
- Alleghany County - $33,130 per year
- Onslow County - $34,000 per year
For more data regarding a career in dental assisting in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in North Carolina
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in North Carolina
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||1,140||$36,020||-1.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in North Carolina