There are schools offering design programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Design Programs in North Carolina
Duke University, which is located in Durham, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a design program. It received a ranking of 10th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Duke University graduated 8 students from its design program. The tuition rate at Duke University was $40,243 per year.
North Carolina State University at Raleigh, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a design program. It is located in Raleigh. 135 students graduated with degree in design from North Carolina State University at Raleigh in 2010. Students at North Carolina State University at Raleigh paid $6,529 per year in tuition fees.
Appalachian State University, which is located in Boone, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a design program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Appalachian State University graduated 108 students from its design programs. Tuition at Appalachian State University was $5,251 per year.
Design schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $8,660 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,243 per year, or as little as $1,422 per year. The North Carolina design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Duke University - located in Durham, students are charged $40,243 per year
- Meredith College - located in Raleigh, students are charged $26,200 per year
- Lenoir-Rhyne University - located in Hickory, students are charged $25,290 per year
The design schools in North Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Randolph Community College - located in Asheboro, students are charged $1,422 per year
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Lenoir Community College - located in Kinston, students are charged $1,703 per year
For more data regarding a career in design in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion design or drafting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Design in North Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Design in North Carolina
- Certificate in Design in North Carolina
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||560||$67,850||-30.9%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||210||$34,580||16.7%|
|Designers, All Other||210||$65,790||75.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in North Carolina