There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in North Carolina
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Delaware
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Virginia
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in South Carolina
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Washington DC
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Maryland
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in West Virginia
- See All Schools in North Carolina
Around 1.1% of North Carolina's graduates graduate from early childhood education degree programs every year. That means an estimated 2,442 early childhood education professionals graduate from North Carolina's 75 early childhood education schools each year.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which is located in Chapel Hill, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. 28 students graduated with a degree in early childhood education from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010. Students at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill paid $6,665 per year in tuition fees.
Appalachian State University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Boone. In 2010, 41 students graduated from Appalachian State University early childhood education program. The tuition rate at Appalachian State University was $5,251 per year.
University of North Carolina-Wilmington, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Wilmington. 9 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from University of North Carolina-Wilmington in 2010. Tuition at University of North Carolina-Wilmington was $5,322 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of North Carolina's early childhood education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,295 per year, though tuition can range from $26,200 per year to $1,422 per year. In 2010, the early childhood education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Meredith College - located in Raleigh, students are charged $26,200 per year
- Lenoir-Rhyne University - located in Hickory, students are charged $25,290 per year
- Catawba College - located in Salisbury, students are charged $25,160 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Randolph Community College - located in Asheboro, students are charged $1,422 per year
- Southeastern Community College - located in Whiteville, students are charged $1,455 per year
- Davidson County Community College - located in Thomasville, students are charged $1,466 per year
An early childhood education degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs early childhood education graduates in North Carolina pursue include kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. 61,180 early childhood education professionals were working in North Carolina in 2010. Of these, 16,050 were preschool teachers. In addition, 4,130 were kindergarten teachers, and 38,940 were elementary school teachers. The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina early childhood education professionals:
- Anson County - 12,630 early childhood education professionals
- Franklin County - 8,880 early childhood education professionals
- Bladen County - 5,420 early childhood education professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 77,310 early childhood education professionals will be working in North Carolina. This would require the number of early childhood education professional to grow by 15%.
early childhood education professionals in North Carolina earn $37,128 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Early childhood education professional in North Carolina had varying salaries from $15,580 to $109,430 per year in 2010. The counties in North Carolina with the highest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Beaufort County - $40,520 per year
- Davie County - $38,938 per year
- Buncombe County - $38,815 per year
The following counties in North Carolina have the lowest average salaries for early childhood education professional:
- Wayne County - $27,200 per year
- Brunswick County - $31,450 per year
- Greene County - $31,520 per year
The early childhood education professionals with highest average salaries in North Carolina were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $43,200 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $41,760 per year
- Preschool Director - $40,750 per year
On average, the lowest paid early childhood education professionals in North Carolina were:
- Preschool Director - $40,750 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $22,800 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in early childhood education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in North Carolina
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education in North Carolina
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||38,940||$43,200||3.2%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||16,050||$22,800||-22.7%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||4,130||$41,760||-16.6%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||2,060||$40,750||-2.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in North Carolina