There are schools offering hotel management degrees in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Hotel Management Programs in North Carolina
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of North Carolina receive hotel management degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 128 hotel managers graduate from North Carolina's 11 hotel management schools.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina with a hotel management program is Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, which is located in Asheville. In 2010, it was ranked 86th nationwide. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College's hotel management program. Students at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College paid $1,609 per year in tuition fees.
Wake Technical Community College, which is located in Raleigh, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a hotel management program. It received a ranking of 87th in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with degree in hotel management from Wake Technical Community College in 2010. Wake Technical Community College charged in-state students $1,890 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a hotel management program is Cape Fear Community College. Cape Fear Community College, which was ranked 88th in the country in 2010, is located in Wilmington. In 2010, Cape Fear Community College graduated 14 students from its hotel management programs. Tuition at Cape Fear Community College was $1,941 per year.
Hotel management schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $3,926 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $24,429 per year, or as little as $1,609 per year. In 2010, the following North Carolina hotel management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte - located in Charlotte, students are charged $24,429 per year
- Central Piedmont Community College - located in Charlotte, students are charged $2,024 per year
- Guilford Technical Community College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $1,981 per year
The hotel management schools in North Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - located in Asheville, students are charged $1,609 per year
- Sandhills Community College - located in Pinehurst, students are charged $1,697 per year
- Southwestern Community College - located in Sylva, students are charged $1,873 per year
A hotel management degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from hotel management school in North Carolina go on to work as a hotel manager. In 2010, there were 1,720 hotel managers working in North Carolina. The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina hotel managers:
- Anson County - 290 hotel managers
- Alleghany County - 210 hotel managers
- Franklin County - 180 hotel managers
The government projects that the number of hotel managers in North Carolina will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,570 hotel managers working in North Carolina.
A hotel manager in North Carolina earns $45,120 per year on average. In 2010, however, some North Carolina hotel managers earned as little as less than $22,850 per year or as much as more than $99,560 per year. On average a hotel manager earns the most in the following North Carolina counties:
- Alleghany County - $51,380 per year
- Franklin County - $49,990 per year
- Brunswick County - $48,520 per year
The following counties in North Carolina have the lowest average salaries for hotel managers:
- Alexander County - $36,620 per year
- Davie County - $39,350 per year
- Caswell County - $39,420 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in hotel management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or hotel management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hotel Management in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management in North Carolina
- Certificate in Hotel Management in North Carolina
Curious what studying Hotel Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hotel management related jobs in North Carolina