There are schools offering massage therapy programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Massage Therapy Programs in North Carolina
Each year, approximately 0.3% of North Carolina graduates receive certificates in massage therapy. That means an estimated 755 massage therapists graduate from North Carolina's 20 massage therapy schools each year.
Southeastern Institute-Charlotte, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a massage therapy program. It is located in Charlotte. 403 students graduated with a certificate in massage therapy from Southeastern Institute-Charlotte in 2010.
Southeastern Community College, which is located in Whiteville, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a massage therapy program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. 10 students graduated with certificate in massage therapy from Southeastern Community College in 2010. Students at Southeastern Community College paid $1,455 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina with a massage therapy program is The Medical Arts School, which is located in Raleigh. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. 61 students graduated with certificate in massage therapy from The Medical Arts School in 2010. Students at The Medical Arts School paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Massage therapy schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $3,100 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $14,508 per year, or as little as $1,455 per year. The North Carolina massage therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Miller-Motte College-Wilmington - located in Wilmington, students are charged $14,508 per year
- Miller-Motte College-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $13,931 per year
- Miller-Motte College-Cary - located in Cary, students are charged $10,597 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina massage therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Southeastern Community College - located in Whiteville, students are charged $1,455 per year
- Davidson County Community College - located in Thomasville, students are charged $1,466 per year
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
A massage therapy certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
A large number of North Carolina massage therapy graduates become massage therapists. If you decide to work as a massage therapist in North Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,760 North Carolina massage therapists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina massage therapists:
- Anson County - 460 massage therapists
- Buncombe County - 220 massage therapists
- Chatham County - 110 massage therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of massage therapists is expected to grow by 15% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,980 massage therapists working in the North Carolina then.
A massage therapist in North Carolina makes an average of $42,990 per year. In 2010, however, some North Carolina massage therapists earned as little as less than $15,890 per year or as much as more than $77,860 per year. A massage therapist in the following North Carolina counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Alleghany County - $52,190 per year
- Davie County - $48,350 per year
- Franklin County - $46,030 per year
A massage therapist in the following counties in North Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Caswell County - $31,180 per year
- Bladen County - $35,380 per year
- Buncombe County - $38,210 per year
For more data regarding a career in massage therapy in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Massage Therapy in North Carolina
- Certificate in Massage Therapy in North Carolina
Curious what studying Massage Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are massage therapy related jobs in North Carolina