There are schools offering photography courses in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Photography Programs in North Carolina
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a photography program is Appalachian State University. Appalachian State University, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Boone. 33 students graduated with a degree in photography from Appalachian State University in 2010. Tuition at Appalachian State University was $5,251 per year.
Living Arts College, which is located in Raleigh, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a photography program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. Living Arts College charged in-state students $19,260 in tuition fees per year.
Catawba Valley Community College, which is located in Hickory, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a photography program. It received a ranking of 89th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Catawba Valley Community College graduated 14 students from its photography programs. The tuition rate at Catawba Valley Community College was $1,855 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of North Carolina's photography schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,266 per year, though tuition can range from $19,260 per year to $1,422 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at North Carolina photography schools were charged at the following schools:
- Living Arts College - located in Raleigh, students are charged $19,260 per year
- Appalachian State University - located in Boone, students are charged $5,251 per year
- Carteret Community College - located in Morehead City, students are charged $1,931 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina photography schools were charged at the following schools:
- Randolph Community College - located in Asheboro, students are charged $1,422 per year
- Catawba Valley Community College - located in Hickory, students are charged $1,855 per year
- McDowell Technical Community College - located in Marion, students are charged $1,876 per year
A photography degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from photography school in North Carolina go on to work as a photographer. 1,790 photographers were working in North Carolina in 2010. The North Carolina counties with the largest populations of photographers are:
- Anson County - 410 photographers
- Franklin County - 250 photographers
- Guilford County - 180 photographers
The government projects that the number of photographers in North Carolina will grow by 14%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,670 photographers working in North Carolina.
A photographer in North Carolina earns $30,910 per year on average. However, North Carolina photographers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,810 per year to more than $68,730 per year in 2010. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for photographers:
- Buncombe County - $37,700 per year
- Bladen County - $36,410 per year
- Guilford County - $35,330 per year
On average, photographers earns the least in the following North Carolina counties:
- Wayne County - $23,170 per year
- Alamance County - $25,150 per year
- Alexander County - $25,150 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in photography and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as photography or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Photography in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Photography in North Carolina
- Certificate in Photography in North Carolina
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,761 miles from location||Appalachian State University||Boone||NC||72.8402||36%||16,968|
|5,736 miles from location||Catawba Valley Community College||Hickory||NC||11.2229||n/a||5,528|
|5,654 miles from location||Randolph Community College||Asheboro||NC||10.4415||n/a||3,044|
|5,474 miles from location||Carteret Community College||Morehead City||NC||9.34196||n/a||1,872|
|5,774 miles from location||McDowell Technical Community College||Marion||NC||11.0913||n/a||1,556|
|5,585 miles from location||Living Arts College||Raleigh||NC||22.3212||n/a||346|
Curious what studying Photography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture +||420||$37,330||50.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are photography related jobs in North Carolina