There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in North Carolina
Around 0.1% of North Carolina's graduates graduate from physical therapy assisting degree programs every year. Thus, North Carolina's 10 physical therapy assistant schools put out approximately 112 physical therapy assistants each year.
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute, which is located in Hudson, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. 15 students graduated with a degree in physical therapy assistant from Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute in 2010. The tuition rate at Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute was $1,872 per year.
Surry Community College, which is located in Dobson, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. 15 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from Surry Community College in 2010. Tuition at Surry Community College was $1,913 per year.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a physical therapy assistant program is Guilford Technical Community College. Guilford Technical Community College, which was ranked 89th in the country in 2010, is located in Jamestown. In 2010, Guilford Technical Community College graduated 14 students from its physical therapy assistant programs. The tuition rate at Guilford Technical Community College was $1,981 per year.
Physical therapy assistant schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $3,328 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $16,200 per year, or as little as $1,733 per year. In 2010, the physical therapy assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- South College-Asheville - located in Asheville, students are charged $16,200 per year
- Central Piedmont Community College - located in Charlotte, students are charged $2,024 per year
- Guilford Technical Community College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $1,981 per year
The following North Carolina physical therapy assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Martin Community College - located in Williamston, students are charged $1,733 per year
- Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute - located in Hudson, students are charged $1,872 per year
- Southwestern Community College - located in Sylva, students are charged $1,873 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from physical therapy assistant school in North Carolina go on to work as a physical therapy assistant. In 2010, there were 2,020 physical therapy assistants working in North Carolina. In North Carolina, the largest numbers of physical therapy assistants work in the following counties:
- Anson County - 380 physical therapy assistants
- Bladen County - 190 physical therapy assistants
- Franklin County - 180 physical therapy assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of physical therapy assistants in the state of North Carolina will grow to 2,930. This would require a 27% growth in the profession.
On average, physical therapy assistants earn $52,560 per year. In 2010, however, some North Carolina physical therapy assistants earned as little as less than $35,430 per year or as much as more than $71,260 per year. The counties in North Carolina with the highest average salary for a physical therapy assistant are:
- Chatham County - $58,220 per year
- Bladen County - $55,130 per year
- Edgecombe County - $54,410 per year
On average, physical therapy assistants earns the least in the following North Carolina counties:
- Wayne County - $47,070 per year
- Alexander County - $47,570 per year
- Guilford County - $49,590 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in physical therapy assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in North Carolina
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||2,020||$52,560||8.6%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||650||$24,410||22.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in North Carolina