There are schools offering small business classes in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Entrepreneurship Programs in North Carolina
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.0% of North Carolina's graduates graduate from entrepreneurship degree programs every year. Thus, North Carolina's 9 small business schools put out approximately 38 small business professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a small business program is University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University of North Carolina at Greensboro, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Greensboro. no students graduated with a degree in small business from University of North Carolina at Greensboro in 2010. Students at University of North Carolina at Greensboro paid $4,973 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a small business program is Western Carolina University. Western Carolina University, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Cullowhee. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Western Carolina University small business program. Tuition at Western Carolina University was $5,124 per year.
High Point University, which is located in High Point, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a small business program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with degree in small business from High Point University in 2010. High Point University charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Small business schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $2,298 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $5,124 per year, or as little as $1,422 per year. In 2010, the small business schools that charged the highest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Western Carolina University - located in Cullowhee, students are charged $5,124 per year
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro - located in Greensboro, students are charged $4,973 per year
- Surry Community College - located in Dobson, students are charged $1,913 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina small business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Randolph Community College - located in Asheboro, students are charged $1,422 per year
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - located in Asheville, students are charged $1,609 per year
- Isothermal Community College - located in Spindale, students are charged $1,846 per year
A small business degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina small business professionals:
- Anson County - 12,920 small business professionals
- Franklin County - 7,570 small business professionals
- Guilford County - 4,580 small business professionals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of small business professionals in the state of North Carolina will shrink to 55,780. This would require a -1% decline in the profession.
On average, small business professionals earn a salary of $120,070 per year in North Carolina state. However, this number is only an average. Small business professional in North Carolina had varying salaries from $46,510 to $165,180 per year in 2010. On average small business professional earn the most in the following North Carolina counties:
- Anson County - $132,760 per year
- Chatham County - $127,910 per year
- Franklin County - $125,970 per year
Small business professionals in the following counties in North Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Onslow County - $91,930 per year
- Alleghany County - $93,110 per year
- Wayne County - $99,250 per year
On average, the highest paid small business professionals in North Carolina were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $120,070 per year
On average, the lowest paid small business professionals in North Carolina were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $120,070 per year
For more data regarding a career in entrepreneurship in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or marketing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Entrepreneurship in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Entrepreneurship in North Carolina
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship in North Carolina
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,656 miles from location||University of North Carolina at Greensboro||Greensboro||NC||64.7816||38%||21,306|
|5,591 miles from location||Wake Technical Community College||Raleigh||NC||13.3667||n/a||15,203|
|5,840 miles from location||Western Carolina University||Cullowhee||NC||61.4786||33%||9,429|
|5,807 miles from location||Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College||Asheville||NC||14.0717||n/a||7,542|
|5,666 miles from location||High Point University||High Point||NC||60.6052||32%||3,603|
|5,709 miles from location||Surry Community College||Dobson||NC||13.9158||n/a||3,599|
|5,654 miles from location||Randolph Community College||Asheboro||NC||10.4415||n/a||3,044|
|5,770 miles from location||Isothermal Community College||Spindale||NC||9.38849||n/a||2,674|
|5,827 miles from location||Haywood Community College||Clyde||NC||19.1878||n/a||2,342|
Curious what studying Small Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers +||49,630||$120,070||-12.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are small business related jobs in North Carolina