There are schools offering visual communications degrees in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in North Carolina
Each year, approximately 0.2% of North Carolina graduates receive degrees in visual communications. In other words, every year an estimated 469 visual communications professionals graduate from North Carolina's 32 visual communications schools.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a visual communications program is Duke University. Duke University, which was ranked 10th in the country in 2010, is located in Durham. In 2010, Duke University graduated 8 students from its visual communications program. Duke University charged in-state students $40,243 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina with a visual communications program is University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which is located in Chapel Hill. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. 0 students graduated with degree in visual communications from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill charged in-state students $6,665 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina with a visual communications program is North Carolina State University at Raleigh, which is located in Raleigh. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. In 2010, 58 students graduated from North Carolina State University at Raleigh visual communications program. Students at North Carolina State University at Raleigh paid $6,529 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a North Carolina visual communications school, average tuition will be $8,643 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,422 per year to $40,243 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at North Carolina visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Duke University - located in Durham, students are charged $40,243 per year
- Elon University - located in Elon College, students are charged $26,827 per year
- Warren Wilson College - located in Swannanoa, students are charged $25,626 per year
The visual communications schools in North Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Randolph Community College - located in Asheboro, students are charged $1,422 per year
- Alamance Community College - located in Graham, students are charged $1,838 per year
- Isothermal Community College - located in Spindale, students are charged $1,846 per year
A visual communications degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
visual communications graduates in North Carolina can go into a variety of professions such as video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. If you decide to work as a visual communications professional in North Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,630 North Carolina visual communications professional as of 2010. This number includes 5,350 graphic designers, 330 video editors, and 810 audio visual technicians. The North Carolina counties with the largest populations of visual communications professional are:
- Anson County - 1,770 visual communications professionals
- Franklin County - 1,040 visual communications professionals
- Guilford County - 680 visual communications professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 9,580 visual communications professionals will be working in North Carolina. This would require the number of visual communications professional to grow by 8%.
On average, visual communications professionals earn a salary of $38,738 per year in North Carolina state. In 2010, however, some North Carolina visual communications professional earned as little as less than $16,010 per year or as much as more than $80,090 per year. On average visual communications professional earn the most in the following North Carolina counties:
- Anson County - $43,873 per year
- Wayne County - $42,910 per year
- Greene County - $41,630 per year
The North Carolina counties with the lowest average salary for visual communications professionals are:
- Beaufort County - $31,795 per year
- Brunswick County - $32,335 per year
- Alleghany County - $33,640 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in North Carolina were:
- Graphic Designer - $43,550 per year
- Artist - $41,020 per year
- Video Editor - $35,260 per year
The visual communications professionals with lowest average salaries in North Carolina were:
- Video Editor - $35,260 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $35,120 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in visual communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in North Carolina
- Certificate in Visual Communications in North Carolina
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||810||$35,120||9.5%|
|Film and Video Editors||330||$35,260||-13.2%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||140||$41,020||-46.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in North Carolina