There are schools offering elementary education degrees in North Dakota!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in North Dakota
Approximately 1.6% of graduates in of North Dakota receive elementary education degrees every year. That means an estimated 285 elementary educators graduate from North Dakota's 11 elementary education schools each year.
University of Mary, which was ranked 44th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in North Dakota that has a elementary education program. It is located in Bismarck. In 2010, 33 students graduated from University of Mary's elementary education program. Students at University of Mary paid $13,024 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in North Dakota with a elementary education program is Minot State University, which is located in Minot. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. In 2010, 31 students graduated from Minot State University elementary education program. Tuition at Minot State University was $5,637 per year.
The third-ranked school in North Dakota that has a elementary education program is University of North Dakota. University of North Dakota, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Grand Forks. 99 students graduated with degree in elementary education from University of North Dakota in 2010. Tuition at University of North Dakota was $6,934 per year.
Elementary education schools in North Dakota, charge students an average tuition of $7,502 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $16,780 per year, or as little as $2,000 per year. In 2010, the elementary education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in North Dakota were:
- Jamestown College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $16,780 per year
- Trinity Bible College - located in Ellendale, students are charged $13,090 per year
- University of Mary - located in Bismarck, students are charged $13,024 per year
The following North Dakota elementary education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Turtle Mountain Community College - located in Belcourt, students are charged $2,000 per year
- Sitting Bull College - located in Fort Yates, students are charged $3,810 per year
- United Tribes Technical College - located in Bismarck, students are charged $3,840 per year
An elementary education degree from a North Dakota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in North Dakota go on to work as an elementary educator. 5,670 elementary educators were working in North Dakota in 2010. The largest populations of North Dakota elementary educators are working in the following counties:
- Clay County - 1,250 elementary educators
- Bottineau County - 1,090 elementary educators
- Barnes County - 960 elementary educators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of elementary educators in the state of North Dakota will grow to 5,960. This would require a 8% growth in the profession.
An elementary educator in North Dakota earns $43,110 per year on average. In 2010, however, some North Dakota elementary educators earned as little as less than $27,690 per year or as much as more than $65,390 per year. The following counties in North Dakota have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Clay County - $50,440 per year
- Burleigh County - $46,190 per year
- Adams County - $42,920 per year
The following counties in North Dakota have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Nelson County - $38,430 per year
- Bottineau County - $40,720 per year
- Barnes County - $41,170 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional North Dakota statistics regarding a career in elementary education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in North Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in North Dakota
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in North Dakota
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||5,670||$43,110||-4.1%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||750||$44,070||2.7%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||550||$39,290||189.5%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||520||$71,500||-8.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in North Dakota