There are schools offering architecture degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Architecture Programs in Ohio
Ohio State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a architecture program. It is located in Columbus. 181 students graduated with a degree in architecture from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Ohio State University-Main Campus paid $9,420 per year in tuition fees.
Case Western Reserve University, which was ranked 22nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a architecture program. It is located in Cleveland. In 2010, Case Western Reserve University graduated 1 students from its architecture program. The tuition rate at Case Western Reserve University was $37,648 per year.
University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which was ranked 22nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a architecture program. It is located in Cincinnati. 198 students graduated with degree in architecture from University of Cincinnati-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Cincinnati-Main Campus was $10,065 per year.
Architecture schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $9,186 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $37,648 per year, or as little as $1,735 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio architecture schools were charged at the following schools:
- Case Western Reserve University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $37,648 per year
- Miami University-Oxford - located in Oxford, students are charged $12,786 per year
- University of Cincinnati-Main Campus - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $10,065 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio architecture schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Columbus State Community College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,958 per year
- Owens Community College - located in Perrysburg, students are charged $3,749 per year
An architecture degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio architecture graduates become architects. 2,720 architects were working in Ohio in 2010. The largest populations of Ohio architects are working in the following counties:
- Delaware County - 690 architects
- Dearborn County - 630 architects
- Cuyahoga County - 630 architects
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,230 architects will be working in Ohio state. This would require the number of architects to grow by 8%.
On average, an architect earns a salary of $71,190 per year in Ohio state. But, salaries for architects can vary. In 2010, architects made as little as less than $38,910 per year or as much as more than $111,940 per year in Ohio. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for an architect are:
- Mahoning County - $77,460 per year
- Delaware County - $74,320 per year
- Dearborn County - $73,210 per year
An architect in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Fulton County - $60,990 per year
- Auglaize County - $63,980 per year
- Portage County - $66,130 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in architecture. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Architecture in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Architecture in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Architecture in Ohio
- Certificate in Architecture in Ohio
Curious what studying Architecture gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval||2,720||$71,190||-6.8%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||2,660||$44,230||-11.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are architecture related jobs in Ohio