There are schools offering counseling degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Counseling Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a counseling program is Case Western Reserve University, which is located in Cleveland. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. In 2010, Case Western Reserve University graduated 5 students from its counseling program. Tuition at Case Western Reserve University was $37,648 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a counseling program is Ohio University-Main Campus. Ohio University-Main Campus, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Athens. In 2010, Ohio University-Main Campus graduated 104 students from its counseling program. The tuition rate at Ohio University-Main Campus was $9,603 per year.
Xavier University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a counseling program. It is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, 52 students graduated from Xavier University counseling program. Xavier University charged in-state students $29,970 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Ohio counseling school, average tuition will be $14,055 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,735 per year to $37,648 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio counseling schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Case Western Reserve University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $37,648 per year
- John Carroll University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $30,250 per year
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
The following Ohio counseling schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Columbus State Community College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,958 per year
- North Central State College - located in Mansfield, students are charged $3,114 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in counseling. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or forensic psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Counseling in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Counseling in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Counseling in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Counseling in Ohio
- Certificate in Counseling in Ohio
Curious what studying Counseling gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors||11,090||$57,770||42.7%|
|Mental Health Counselors||4,050||$44,970||54.0%|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||3,180||$76,080||-3.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are counseling related jobs in Ohio