There are schools offering fashion design courses in Ohio!
Schools Offering Fashion Design Programs in Ohio
Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a fashion design program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ohio State University-Main Campus graduated 144 students from its fashion design program. Tuition at Ohio State University-Main Campus was $9,420 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a fashion design program is Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. 62 students graduated with degree in fashion design from Ohio University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Ohio University-Main Campus was $9,603 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a fashion design program is University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, University of Cincinnati-Main Campus graduated 60 students from its fashion design programs. University of Cincinnati-Main Campus charged in-state students $10,065 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's fashion design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,240 per year, though tuition can range from $26,322 per year to $9,030 per year. In 2010, the fashion design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Columbus College of Art and Design - located in Columbus, students are charged $26,322 per year
- Ursuline College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $23,940 per year
- Virginia Marti College of Art and Design - located in Lakewood, students are charged $16,290 per year
The following Ohio fashion design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Kent State University at Kent - located in Kent, students are charged $9,030 per year
- University of Akron Main Campus - located in Akron, students are charged $9,247 per year
- Ohio State University-Main Campus - located in Columbus, students are charged $9,420 per year
A fashion design degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio fashion design graduates become fashion designers. Ohio had 310 fashion designers in 2010. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of fashion designers are:
On average, a fashion designer earns a salary of $67,890 per year in Ohio state.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in fashion design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion merchandising or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion Design in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Fashion Design in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Fashion Design in Ohio
Curious what studying Fashion Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion design related jobs in Ohio