There are schools offering forensic science degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Forensic Science Programs in Ohio
Around 0.0% of Ohio's graduates graduate from forensic science degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 51 forensic science technicians graduate from Ohio's 10 forensic science schools.
Cedarville University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a forensic science program. It is located in Cedarville. 1 students graduated with a degree in forensic science from Cedarville University in 2010. Tuition at Cedarville University was $23,500 per year.
Ohio Northern University, which is located in Ada, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a forensic science program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ohio Northern University graduated 7 students from its forensic science program. Tuition at Ohio Northern University was $33,099 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a forensic science program is The University of Findlay, which is located in Findlay. In 2010, it was ranked 40th nationwide. 3 students graduated with degree in forensic science from The University of Findlay in 2010. Students at The University of Findlay paid $26,798 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Ohio forensic science school, average tuition will be $14,953 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,114 per year to $33,099 per year. In 2010, the forensic science schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Ohio Northern University - located in Ada, students are charged $33,099 per year
- The University of Findlay - located in Findlay, students are charged $26,798 per year
- Defiance College - located in Defiance, students are charged $24,330 per year
The forensic science schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- North Central State College - located in Mansfield, students are charged $3,114 per year
- Central Ohio Technical College - located in Newark, students are charged $3,852 per year
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
A forensic science degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio forensic science graduates become forensic science technicians. Ohio had 280 forensic science technicians in 2010. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of forensic science technicians are:
- Dearborn County - 30 forensic science technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of forensic science technicians in the state of Ohio will grow to 350. This would require a 6% growth in the profession.
A forensic science technician in Ohio earns $55,000 per year on average. On average a forensic science technician earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Dearborn County - $49,060 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in forensic science and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as crime scene investigation or forensic psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Science in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Science in Ohio
- Certificate in Forensic Science in Ohio
Curious what studying Forensic Science gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||280||$55,000||250.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic science related jobs in Ohio