There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a graphic design program is Ohio University-Main Campus, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, Ohio University-Main Campus graduated 16 students from its graphic design program. The tuition rate at Ohio University-Main Campus was $9,603 per year.
Cedarville University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a graphic design program. It is located in Cedarville. 16 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Cedarville University in 2010. Students at Cedarville University paid $23,500 per year in tuition fees.
Ashland University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a graphic design program. It is located in Ashland. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Ashland University graphic design program. Students at Ashland University paid $27,412 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Ohio's graphic design schools ranges from $32,922 per year to $2,537 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,964 per year. The Ohio graphic design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Cleveland Institute of Art - located in Cleveland, students are charged $32,922 per year
- Ashland University - located in Ashland, students are charged $27,412 per year
- Lake Erie College - located in Painesville, students are charged $25,674 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Columbus State Community College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,958 per year
- North Central State College - located in Mansfield, students are charged $3,114 per year
A graphic design degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in Ohio go on to work as a graphic designer. In 2010, there were 7,760 graphic designers working in Ohio. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio graphic designers:
- Delaware County - 1,870 graphic designers
- Dearborn County - 1,730 graphic designers
- Cuyahoga County - 1,640 graphic designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of graphic designers is expected to grow by 6% by 2018. There are projected to be 11,090 graphic designers working in the Ohio then.
On average, a graphic designer earns a salary of $42,940 per year in Ohio state. In 2010, however, some Ohio graphic designers earned as little as less than $15,740 per year or as much as more than $80,290 per year. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for a graphic designer are:
- Delaware County - $49,430 per year
- Dearborn County - $46,620 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $41,740 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for graphic designers are:
- Adams County - $28,770 per year
- Allen County - $31,310 per year
- Mahoning County - $32,920 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Ohio
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Ohio
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Ohio