There are schools offering health information programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Ohio
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Ohio students graduate with degrees in health information. In other words, every year an estimated 504 health information technicians graduate from Ohio's 30 health information schools.
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a health information program is Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton, which is located in Dayton. In 2010, it was ranked 57th nationwide. no students graduated with a degree in health information from Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton in 2010. Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton charged in-state students $12,672 in tuition fees per year.
Warren County Career Center, which is located in Lebanon, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. 2 students graduated with degree in health information from Warren County Career Center in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a health information program is Miami Valley Career Technology Center, which is located in Clayton. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. In 2010, Miami Valley Career Technology Center graduated 15 students from its health information programs. The tuition rate at Miami Valley Career Technology Center was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's health information schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,972 per year, though tuition can range from $16,896 per year to $1,735 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Springboro Branch - located in Springboro, students are charged $16,896 per year
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Sharonville - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $12,772 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lakeland Community College - located in Willoughby, students are charged $2,916 per year
A health information degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of health information graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a health information technician. If you decide to work as a health information technician in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,510 Ohio health information technicians as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio health information technicians:
- Dearborn County - 1,280 health information technicians
- Cuyahoga County - 1,200 health information technicians
- Delaware County - 930 health information technicians
The government projects that the number of health information technicians in Ohio will grow by 12%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,150 health information technicians working in Ohio.
A health information technician in Ohio earns $32,070 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. health information technicians in Ohio had varying salaries from $16,470 to $52,910 per year in 2010. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for a health information technician are:
- Fulton County - $35,160 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $34,780 per year
- Adams County - $33,800 per year
The following counties in Ohio have the lowest average salaries for health information technicians:
- Erie County - $27,390 per year
- Ashland County - $28,230 per year
- Mahoning County - $28,270 per year
For more data regarding a career in health information in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical coding, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information in Ohio
- Certificate in Health Information in Ohio
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||6,510||$32,070||0.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Ohio