There are schools offering homeland security degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Homeland Security Programs in Ohio
Around 0.0% of Ohio's graduates graduate from homeland security degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 61 homeland security professionals graduate from Ohio's 7 homeland security schools.
Fortis College, which is located in Dayton, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a homeland security program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Fortis College's homeland security program. Fortis College charged in-state students $10,782 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a homeland security program is Union Institute & University. Union Institute & University, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, Union Institute & University graduated 5 students from its homeland security program. Tuition at Union Institute & University was $11,132 per year.
Tiffin University, which is located in Tiffin, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a homeland security program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Tiffin University graduated 42 students from its homeland security programs. The tuition rate at Tiffin University was $18,390 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's homeland security schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,266 per year, though tuition can range from $18,390 per year to $2,916 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio homeland security schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Tiffin University - located in Tiffin, students are charged $18,390 per year
- University of Phoenix-Cleveland Campus - located in Independence, students are charged $11,880 per year
- University of Phoenix-Columbus Ohio Campus - located in Columbus, students are charged $11,880 per year
The following Ohio homeland security schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lakeland Community College - located in Willoughby, students are charged $2,916 per year
- Fortis College - located in Dayton, students are charged $10,782 per year
- Union Institute & University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $11,132 per year
A homeland security degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Fbi special agent, security officer, radio electronics officer, and geospatial intelligence analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of homeland security graduates in Ohio. In 2010, there were 35,570 homeland security professional working in Ohio, including 2,400 transportation security officers, 2,720 fbi special agents, and 29,460 security officers. The largest populations of Ohio homeland security professional are working in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 10,630 homeland security professionals
- Dearborn County - 6,670 homeland security professionals
- Delaware County - 5,730 homeland security professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of homeland security professionals in the state of Ohio will grow to 39,140. This would require a 3% growth in the field.
homeland security professionals in Ohio earn $49,512 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Homeland security professional in Ohio had varying salaries from $15,700 to $165,310 per year in 2010. Homeland security professionals in the following Ohio counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Greene County - $59,648 per year
- Dearborn County - $57,243 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $56,040 per year
Homeland security professionals in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Jefferson County - $23,350 per year
- Coshocton County - $23,355 per year
- Richland County - $24,500 per year
On average, the highest paid homeland security professionals in Ohio were:
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst - $85,190 per year
- Fbi Special Agent - $67,490 per year
- Radio Electronics Officer - $37,200 per year
The homeland security professionals with lowest average salaries in Ohio were:
- Transportation Security Officer - $31,580 per year
- Security Officer - $26,100 per year
For more data regarding a career in homeland security in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as crime scene investigation or homeland security, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Homeland Security in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Homeland Security in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Homeland Security in Ohio
Curious what studying Homeland Security gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||2,720||$67,490||25.9%|
|Protective Service Workers, All Other||2,400||$31,580||-10.8%|
|Physical Scientists, All Other||900||$85,190||30.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are homeland security related jobs in Ohio