There are schools offering hotel management degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Hotel Management Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a hotel management program is Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. 137 students graduated with a degree in hotel management from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Ohio State University-Main Campus paid $9,420 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a hotel management program is University of Akron Main Campus, which is located in Akron. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. In 2010, 2 students graduated from University of Akron Main Campus hotel management program. Tuition at University of Akron Main Campus was $9,247 per year.
Hocking College, which is located in Nelsonville, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a hotel management program. It received a ranking of 85th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 119 students graduated from Hocking College hotel management program. Hocking College charged in-state students $3,795 in tuition fees per year.
Hotel management schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $5,301 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $9,420 per year, or as little as $1,735 per year. In 2010, the hotel management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Ohio State University-Main Campus - located in Columbus, students are charged $9,420 per year
- University of Akron Main Campus - located in Akron, students are charged $9,247 per year
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $5,069 per year
The hotel management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Hocking College - located in Nelsonville, students are charged $3,795 per year
A hotel management degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from hotel management school in Ohio go on to work as a hotel manager. In 2010, there were 1,000 hotel managers working in Ohio. The largest populations of Ohio hotel managers are working in the following counties:
- Delaware County - 210 hotel managers
- Cuyahoga County - 160 hotel managers
- Dearborn County - 110 hotel managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of hotel managers in the state of Ohio will shrink to 1,800. This would require a 0% decline in the profession.
On average, a hotel manager earns a salary of $48,710 per year in Ohio state. But, salaries for hotel managers can vary. In 2010, hotel managers made as little as less than $21,500 per year or as much as more than $84,960 per year in Ohio. The following counties in Ohio have the highest average salaries for hotel managers:
- Dearborn County - $69,500 per year
- Greene County - $53,870 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $53,410 per year
The following counties in Ohio have the lowest average salaries for hotel managers:
- Ashland County - $34,540 per year
- Erie County - $36,250 per year
- Coshocton County - $37,280 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in hotel management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or hotel management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hotel Management in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Hotel Management in Ohio
- Certificate in Hotel Management in Ohio
Curious what studying Hotel Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hotel management related jobs in Ohio