There are schools offering medical coding classess in Ohio!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Ohio
Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton, which was ranked 57th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a medical coding program. It is located in Dayton. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton's medical coding program. Students at Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton paid $12,672 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a medical coding program is Career and Technology Education Centers of Licking County, which is located in Newark. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, Career and Technology Education Centers of Licking County graduated 19 students from its medical coding program.
Academy of Court Reporting and Technology-Cleveland, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a medical coding program. It is located in Cleveland. Students at Academy of Court Reporting and Technology-Cleveland paid $14,238 per year in tuition fees.
Medical coding schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $7,096 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $16,896 per year, or as little as $2,537 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio medical coding schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Springboro Branch - located in Springboro, students are charged $16,896 per year
- Antonelli College - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $15,850 per year
- Remington College-Cleveland West Campus - located in North Olmsted, students are charged $14,745 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio medical coding schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Eastern Gateway Community College - located in Steubenville, students are charged $2,790 per year
- Columbus State Community College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,958 per year
A medical coding certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical coding school in Ohio go on to work as a medical coder. Ohio had 6,510 medical coders in 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of medical coders work in the following counties:
- Dearborn County - 1,280 medical coders
- Cuyahoga County - 1,200 medical coders
- Delaware County - 930 medical coders
The government projects that the number of medical coders in Ohio will grow by 12%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,150 medical coders working in Ohio.
On average, a medical coder earns a salary of $32,070 per year in Ohio state. But, salaries for medical coders can vary. In 2010, medical coders made as little as less than $16,470 per year or as much as more than $52,910 per year in Ohio. A medical coder in the following Ohio counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Fulton County - $35,160 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $34,780 per year
- Adams County - $33,800 per year
The following counties in Ohio have the lowest average salaries for medical coders:
- Erie County - $27,390 per year
- Ashland County - $28,230 per year
- Mahoning County - $28,270 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in medical coding and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Coding in Ohio
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Ohio
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||6,510||$32,070||0.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Ohio