There are schools offering ministry degrees in Ohio!
Schools Offering Ministry Programs in Ohio
Cedarville University, which is located in Cedarville, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a ministry program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Cedarville University's ministry program. The tuition rate at Cedarville University was $23,500 per year.
Ohio Northern University, which is located in Ada, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a ministry program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ohio Northern University graduated 4 students from its ministry program. Ohio Northern University charged in-state students $33,099 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a ministry program is Ashland University. Ashland University, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Ashland. In 2010, Ashland University graduated 39 students from its ministry programs. Students at Ashland University paid $27,412 per year in tuition fees.
Ministry schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $13,184 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,099 per year, or as little as $13,780 per year. The Ohio ministry schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Ohio Northern University - located in Ada, students are charged $33,099 per year
- Ashland University - located in Ashland, students are charged $27,412 per year
- Bluffton University - located in Bluffton, students are charged $24,930 per year
The ministry schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Cincinnati Christian University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $13,780 per year
- Ohio Christian University - located in Circleville, students are charged $15,750 per year
- Pontifical College Josephinum - located in Columbus, students are charged $17,939 per year
A ministry degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from ministry school in Ohio go on to work as a minister. If you decide to work as a minister in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,410 Ohio ministers as of 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of ministers work in the following counties:
- Dearborn County - 310 ministers
- Greene County - 170 ministers
- Cuyahoga County - 160 ministers
The government projects that the number of ministers in Ohio will grow by 12%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 30,240 ministers working in Ohio.
On average, ministers earn $42,960 per year. However, Ohio ministers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,440 per year to more than $78,180 per year in 2010. A minister in the following Ohio counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $50,150 per year
- Delaware County - $49,850 per year
- Ashland County - $49,080 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for ministers are:
- Auglaize County - $28,880 per year
- Fulton County - $35,600 per year
- Dearborn County - $38,820 per year
For more data regarding a career in ministry in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as christian counseling or theology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Ministry in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Ministry in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Ministry in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Ministry in Ohio
Curious what studying Ministry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Directors, Religious Activities and Education||630||$36,670||21.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ministry related jobs in Ohio