There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Ohio!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Ohio
Each year, approximately 0.8% of Ohio graduates receive certificates in nurse assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 2,775 nursing assistants graduate from Ohio's 31 nursing assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Ohio with a nursing assistant program is TCTC Adult Training Center, which is located in Warren. In 2010, it was ranked 57th nationwide. 60 students graduated with a certificate in nursing assistant from TCTC Adult Training Center in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a nursing assistant program is Auburn Career Center. Auburn Career Center, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Painesville. In 2010, Auburn Career Center graduated 66 students from its nursing assistant program.
Career and Technology Education Centers of Licking County, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in Newark. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Career and Technology Education Centers of Licking County nursing assistant program. Career and Technology Education Centers of Licking County charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Ohio's nursing assistant schools ranges from $12,595 per year to $5,350 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,786 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio nursing assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northcoast Medical Training Academy - located in Kent, students are charged $12,595 per year
- Fortis College - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $11,288 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Akron - located in Akron, students are charged $9,319 per year
The nursing assistant schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Columbiana County Career and Technical Center - located in Lisbon, students are charged $5,350 per year
- US Grant Joint Vocational School - located in Bethel, students are charged $5,550 per year
- Choffin Career and Technical Center - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,700 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of nursing assistant graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a nursing assistant. 73,820 nursing assistants were working in Ohio in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio nursing assistants:
- Cuyahoga County - 15,010 nursing assistants
- Dearborn County - 12,140 nursing assistants
- Delaware County - 8,560 nursing assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of nursing assistants in the state of Ohio will grow to 87,840. This would require a 15% growth in the profession.
A nursing assistant in Ohio makes an average of $24,100 per year. However, this number is only an average. nursing assistants in Ohio had varying salaries from $15,940 to $34,140 per year in 2010. A nursing assistant in the following Ohio counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Erie County - $25,660 per year
- Dearborn County - $25,510 per year
- Greene County - $25,200 per year
A nursing assistant in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Jefferson County - $20,550 per year
- Richland County - $21,260 per year
- Allen County - $21,500 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Ohio
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||73,820||$24,100||-2.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Ohio