There are schools offering physical therapy programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a physical therapy program is Ohio State University-Main Campus. Ohio State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Columbus. 31 students graduated with a degree in physical therapy from Ohio State University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Ohio State University-Main Campus paid $9,420 per year in tuition fees.
Ohio University-Main Campus, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a physical therapy program. It is located in Athens. In 2010, 34 students graduated from Ohio University-Main Campus physical therapy program. Tuition at Ohio University-Main Campus was $9,603 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio with a physical therapy program is University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, which is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 18 students graduated with degree in physical therapy from University of Cincinnati-Main Campus in 2010. University of Cincinnati-Main Campus charged in-state students $10,065 in tuition fees per year.
Physical therapy schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $15,933 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $36,398 per year, or as little as $5,499 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio physical therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ohio Wesleyan University - located in Delaware, students are charged $36,398 per year
- University of Dayton - located in Dayton, students are charged $29,930 per year
- The University of Findlay - located in Findlay, students are charged $26,798 per year
The following Ohio physical therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of Cincinnati-Raymond Walters College - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $5,499 per year
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
- University of Toledo - located in Toledo, students are charged $8,491 per year
A physical therapy degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio physical therapy graduates become physical therapists. 6,840 physical therapists were working in Ohio in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Ohio physical therapists:
- Cuyahoga County - 1,590 physical therapists
- Dearborn County - 1,420 physical therapists
- Delaware County - 1,250 physical therapists
The government projects that the number of physical therapists in Ohio will grow by 23%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 9,440 physical therapists working in Ohio.
On average, a physical therapist earns a salary of $76,630 per year in Ohio state. However, this number is only an average. physical therapists in Ohio had varying salaries from $28,640 to $121,070 per year in 2010. A physical therapist in the following Ohio counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Carroll County - $85,940 per year
- Richland County - $83,530 per year
- Jefferson County - $82,830 per year
The following counties in Ohio have the lowest average salaries for physical therapists:
- Delaware County - $72,760 per year
- Auglaize County - $73,890 per year
- Greene County - $73,980 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in physical therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy in Ohio
- Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy in Ohio
Curious what studying Physical Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy related jobs in Ohio