There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Ohio
Around 0.2% of Ohio's graduates graduate from radiology degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 624 radiology technicians graduate from Ohio's 29 radiology technician schools.
Ohio State University-Main Campus, which is located in Columbus, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a radiology technician program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 38 students graduated from Ohio State University-Main Campus' radiology technician program. Tuition at Ohio State University-Main Campus was $9,420 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio with a radiology technician program is Xavier University, which is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Xavier University radiology technician program. The tuition rate at Xavier University was $29,970 per year.
Kettering College of Medical Arts, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Dayton. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Kettering College of Medical Arts radiology technician program. The tuition rate at Kettering College of Medical Arts was $8,784 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's radiology technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,774 per year, though tuition can range from $29,970 per year to $1,735 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio radiology technician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $24,075 per year
- University of Rio Grande - located in Rio Grande, students are charged $18,808 per year
The following Ohio radiology technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
A radiology technician degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from radiology technician school in Ohio go on to work as a radiology technician. If you decide to work as a radiology technician in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 10,070 Ohio radiology technicians as of 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of radiology technicians work in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 2,350 radiology technicians
- Dearborn County - 1,750 radiology technicians
- Delaware County - 1,530 radiology technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of radiology technicians is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 11,310 radiology technicians working in the Ohio then.
On average, a radiology technician earns a salary of $50,170 per year in Ohio state. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for a radiology technician are:
- Mahoning County - $56,010 per year
- Fulton County - $52,660 per year
- Allen County - $52,160 per year
A radiology technician in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Jefferson County - $44,680 per year
- Carroll County - $44,890 per year
- Portage County - $47,960 per year
For more data regarding a career in radiology in Ohio and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Ohio
- Certificate in Radiology in Ohio
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||12,950||$191,010||2.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Ohio