There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Ohio
Around 0.1% of Ohio's graduates graduate from surgical technology certificate programs every year. Thus, Ohio's 29 surgical technologist schools put out approximately 500 surgical technologists each year.
Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton, which is located in Dayton, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 57th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 67 students graduated from Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton's surgical technologist program. Tuition at Miami-Jacobs Career College-Dayton was $12,672 per year.
The second-ranked school in Ohio that has a surgical technologist program is Fortis College-Columbus. Fortis College-Columbus, which was ranked 58th in the country in 2010, is located in Westerville. Tuition at Fortis College-Columbus was $12,919 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a surgical technologist program is Apollo Career Center. Apollo Career Center, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Lima. In 2010, Apollo Career Center graduated 5 students from its surgical technologist programs. Tuition at Apollo Career Center was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Ohio surgical technologist school, average tuition will be $6,478 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,735 per year to $12,919 per year. In 2010, the surgical technologist schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Fortis College-Columbus - located in Westerville, students are charged $12,919 per year
- Miami-Jacobs Career College-Sharonville - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $12,772 per year
- Miami-Jacobs Career College - located in Columbus, students are charged $12,747 per year
The surgical technologist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Sinclair Community College - located in Dayton, students are charged $1,735 per year
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of surgical technologist graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a surgical technologist. Ohio had 3,470 surgical technologists in 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of surgical technologists work in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 880 surgical technologists
- Dearborn County - 720 surgical technologists
- Delaware County - 460 surgical technologists
The government projects that the number of surgical technologists in Ohio will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,150 surgical technologists working in Ohio.
On average, surgical technologists earn $39,010 per year. But, salaries for surgical technologists can vary. In 2010, surgical technologists made as little as less than $22,450 per year or as much as more than $55,040 per year in Ohio. On average a surgical technologist earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Greene County - $41,740 per year
- Portage County - $41,370 per year
- Cuyahoga County - $40,440 per year
A surgical technologist in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Coshocton County - $30,750 per year
- Ashland County - $35,260 per year
- Delaware County - $36,650 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in surgical technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Ohio
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Ohio
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Ohio