There are schools offering technical writing courses in Ohio!
Schools Offering Technical Writing Programs in Ohio
Cedarville University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a technical writing program. It is located in Cedarville. In 2010, Cedarville University graduated 8 students from its technical writing program. The tuition rate at Cedarville University was $23,500 per year.
Ohio Northern University, which is located in Ada, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a technical writing program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. 4 students graduated with degree in technical writing from Ohio Northern University in 2010. Tuition at Ohio Northern University was $33,099 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a technical writing program is Bowling Green State University-Main Campus. Bowling Green State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 34th in the country in 2010, is located in Bowling Green. In 2010, Bowling Green State University-Main Campus graduated 7 students from its technical writing programs. The tuition rate at Bowling Green State University-Main Campus was $9,704 per year.
Technical writing schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $15,918 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,099 per year, or as little as $3,690 per year. In 2010, the technical writing schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Ohio Northern University - located in Ada, students are charged $33,099 per year
- Capital University - located in Columbus, students are charged $29,310 per year
- The University of Findlay - located in Findlay, students are charged $26,798 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Ohio technical writing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Edison State Community College - located in Piqua, students are charged $3,690 per year
- Terra State Community College - located in Fremont, students are charged $3,845 per year
- Youngstown State University - located in Youngstown, students are charged $7,199 per year
A technical writing degree from an Ohio school... what next?
Most people who graduate from technical writing school in Ohio go on to work as a technical writer. If you decide to work as a technical writer in Ohio, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,190 Ohio technical writers as of 2010. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of technical writers are:
- Delaware County - 270 technical writers
- Dearborn County - 260 technical writers
- Greene County - 240 technical writers
The government projects that the number of technical writers in Ohio will grow by 7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,570 technical writers working in Ohio.
On average, technical writers earn $55,300 per year. In 2010, however, some Ohio technical writers earned as little as less than $27,750 per year or as much as more than $102,460 per year. A technical writer in the following Ohio counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Delaware County - $64,510 per year
- Carroll County - $64,200 per year
- Fulton County - $62,950 per year
A technical writer in the following counties in Ohio make the lowest salaries on average:
- Greene County - $47,040 per year
- Auglaize County - $47,490 per year
- Portage County - $48,770 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in technical writing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Writing in Ohio
- Master's Degree in Technical Writing in Ohio
Curious what studying Technical Writing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are technical writing related jobs in Ohio