There are schools offering ultrasound technician programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Ultrasound Technology Programs in Ohio
Each year, approximately 0.0% of Ohio graduates receive certificates in ultrasound technology. In other words, every year an estimated 149 ultrasound technicians graduate from Ohio's 9 ultrasound technician schools.
Kettering College of Medical Arts, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a ultrasound technician program. It is located in Dayton. 19 students graduated with a certificate in ultrasound technician from Kettering College of Medical Arts in 2010. Tuition at Kettering College of Medical Arts was $8,784 per year.
O C Collins Career Center, which is located in Chesapeake, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a ultrasound technician program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with certificate in ultrasound technician from O C Collins Career Center in 2010.
University of Rio Grande, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Ohio that has a ultrasound technician program. It is located in Rio Grande. In 2010, University of Rio Grande graduated 17 students from its ultrasound technician programs. Students at University of Rio Grande paid $18,808 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Ohio ultrasound technician school, average tuition will be $7,716 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,537 per year to $24,075 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio ultrasound technician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $24,075 per year
- University of Rio Grande - located in Rio Grande, students are charged $18,808 per year
- Kettering College of Medical Arts - located in Dayton, students are charged $8,784 per year
The ultrasound technician schools in Ohio that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Lorain County Community College - located in Elyria, students are charged $2,570 per year
- Owens Community College - located in Perrysburg, students are charged $3,749 per year
An ultrasound technician certificate from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of ultrasound technician graduates in Ohio pursue careers as an ultrasound technician. Ohio had 2,410 ultrasound technicians in 2010. In Ohio, the largest numbers of ultrasound technicians work in the following counties:
- Cuyahoga County - 700 ultrasound technicians
- Delaware County - 300 ultrasound technicians
- Greene County - 220 ultrasound technicians
The government projects that the number of ultrasound technicians in Ohio will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,880 ultrasound technicians working in Ohio.
On average, an ultrasound technician earns a salary of $58,470 per year in Ohio state. However, this number is only an average. ultrasound technicians in Ohio had varying salaries from $41,600 to $97,090 per year in 2010. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for an ultrasound technician are:
- Delaware County - $67,140 per year
- Greene County - $62,170 per year
- Dearborn County - $59,310 per year
The following counties in Ohio have the lowest average salaries for ultrasound technicians:
- Coshocton County - $53,030 per year
- Adams County - $53,950 per year
- Allen County - $55,810 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in ultrasound technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ultrasound technology or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in Ohio
- Certificate in Ultrasound Technology in Ohio
Curious what studying Ultrasound Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||2,410||$58,470||27.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ultrasound technician related jobs in Ohio