There are schools offering veterinary assistant programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering Veterinary Assisting Programs in Ohio
Otterbein University, which is located in Westerville, is the top-ranked school in Ohio that has a veterinary assistant program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Otterbein University graduated 1 students from its veterinary assistant program. Tuition at Otterbein University was $28,413 per year.
Northcoast Medical Training Academy, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a veterinary assistant program. It is located in Kent. 28 students graduated with degree in veterinary assistant from Northcoast Medical Training Academy in 2010. Tuition at Northcoast Medical Training Academy was $12,595 per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a veterinary assistant program is Bradford School. Bradford School, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Columbus. In 2010, 90 students graduated from Bradford School veterinary assistant program. The tuition rate at Bradford School was $13,560 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Ohio's veterinary assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,736 per year, though tuition can range from $28,413 per year to $2,537 per year. In 2010, the following Ohio veterinary assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Otterbein University - located in Westerville, students are charged $28,413 per year
- Bradford School - located in Columbus, students are charged $13,560 per year
- Northcoast Medical Training Academy - located in Kent, students are charged $12,595 per year
The veterinary assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Ohio were:
- Cuyahoga Community College District - located in Cleveland, students are charged $2,537 per year
- Columbus State Community College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,958 per year
- Kent State University at Tuscarawas - located in New Philadelphia, students are charged $5,110 per year
A veterinary assistant degree from an Ohio school... what next?
The highest percentage of veterinary assistant graduates in Ohio pursue careers as a veterinary assistant. In 2010, there were 3,130 veterinary assistants working in Ohio. In Ohio, the largest numbers of veterinary assistants work in the following counties:
- Dearborn County - 720 veterinary assistants
- Cuyahoga County - 590 veterinary assistants
- Portage County - 270 veterinary assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of veterinary assistants in the state of Ohio will grow to 3,410. This would require a 15% growth in the profession.
On average, a veterinary assistant earns a salary of $21,030 per year in Ohio state. But, salaries for veterinary assistants can vary. In 2010, veterinary assistants made as little as less than $15,670 per year or as much as more than $30,680 per year in Ohio. The counties in Ohio with the highest average salary for a veterinary assistant are:
- Carroll County - $24,330 per year
- Dearborn County - $22,280 per year
- Portage County - $21,970 per year
The Ohio counties with the lowest average salary for veterinary assistants are:
- Auglaize County - $18,960 per year
- Fulton County - $19,180 per year
- Delaware County - $19,630 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in veterinary assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as veterinary or dog training.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Assisting in Ohio
- Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Assisting in Ohio
- Certificate in Veterinary Assisting in Ohio
Curious what studying Veterinary Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers||3,130||$21,030||1.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary assistant related jobs in Ohio