There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Ohio!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Ohio
The top-ranked school in Ohio that has a x ray technician program is Xavier University. Xavier University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Cincinnati. In 2010, Xavier University graduated 14 students from its x ray technician program. Xavier University charged in-state students $29,970 in tuition fees per year.
Kettering College of Medical Arts, which is located in Dayton, is the second-ranked school in Ohio that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. 22 students graduated with degree in x ray technician from Kettering College of Medical Arts in 2010. Kettering College of Medical Arts charged in-state students $8,784 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Ohio that has a x ray technician program is Fortis College-Columbus. Fortis College-Columbus, which was ranked 58th in the country in 2010, is located in Westerville. Tuition at Fortis College-Columbus was $12,919 per year.
X ray technician schools in Ohio, charge students an average tuition of $9,916 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $29,970 per year, or as little as $3,114 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Ohio x ray technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Xavier University - located in Cincinnati, students are charged $29,970 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $24,075 per year
- University of Rio Grande - located in Rio Grande, students are charged $18,808 per year
The following Ohio x ray technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- North Central State College - located in Mansfield, students are charged $3,114 per year
- Owens Community College - located in Perrysburg, students are charged $3,749 per year
- Washington State Community College - located in Marietta, students are charged $3,808 per year
A x ray technician degree from an Ohio school... what next?
A large number of Ohio x ray technician graduates become x ray technicians. In 2010, there were 10,070 x ray technicians working in Ohio. The Ohio counties with the largest populations of x ray technicians are:
- Cuyahoga County - 2,350 x ray technicians
- Dearborn County - 1,750 x ray technicians
- Delaware County - 1,530 x ray technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of x ray technicians is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 11,310 x ray technicians working in the Ohio then.
A x ray technician in Ohio makes an average of $50,170 per year. On average a x ray technician earns the most in the following Ohio counties:
- Mahoning County - $56,010 per year
- Fulton County - $52,660 per year
- Allen County - $52,160 per year
On average, x ray technicians earns the least in the following Ohio counties:
- Jefferson County - $44,680 per year
- Carroll County - $44,890 per year
- Portage County - $47,960 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Ohio statistics regarding a career in x ray technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Ohio
- Certificate in X Ray Technology in Ohio
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Ohio
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||10,060||$49,740|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Ohio