There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Oklahoma
Tulsa Technology Center-Peoria, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Tulsa. 5 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Tulsa Technology Center-Peoria in 2010.
Moore Norman Technology Center, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Norman. 6 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from Moore Norman Technology Center in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a bookkeeping program is Tri County Technology Center. Tri County Technology Center, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Bartlesville. 10 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from Tri County Technology Center in 2010. Tuition at Tri County Technology Center was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oklahoma's bookkeeping schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,211 per year, though tuition can range from $14,492 per year to $2,400 per year. In 2010, the following Oklahoma bookkeeping schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Career Point College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $14,492 per year
- Vatterott College - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $11,066 per year
- Seminole State College - located in Seminole, students are charged $3,000 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oklahoma bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- Tulsa Community College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,419 per year
- Oklahoma City Community College - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,659 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from an Oklahoma school... what next?
Most people who graduate from bookkeeping school in Oklahoma go on to work as a bookkeeping clerk. If you decide to work as a bookkeeping clerk in Oklahoma, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 31,330 Oklahoma bookkeeping clerks as of 2010. In Oklahoma, the largest numbers of bookkeeping clerks work in the following counties:
- Canadian County - 11,170 bookkeeping clerks
- Creek County - 8,580 bookkeeping clerks
- Atoka County - 3,650 bookkeeping clerks
The government projects that the number of bookkeeping clerks in Oklahoma will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 38,180 bookkeeping clerks working in Oklahoma.
On average, bookkeeping clerks earn $28,860 per year. However, this number is only an average. bookkeeping clerks in Oklahoma had varying salaries from $16,140 to $42,770 per year in 2010. The counties in Oklahoma with the highest average salary for a bookkeeping clerk are:
- Creek County - $31,070 per year
- Canadian County - $29,740 per year
- Atoka County - $26,880 per year
The Oklahoma counties with the lowest average salary for bookkeeping clerks are:
- Beckham County - $25,630 per year
- Adair County - $25,880 per year
- Comanche County - $26,000 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oklahoma statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Oklahoma
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||31,330||$28,860||37.7%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||5,280||$29,050||-21.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Oklahoma