There are schools offering history degrees in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering History Programs in Oklahoma
The top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a history program is Oklahoma City University. Oklahoma City University, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Oklahoma City. In 2010, no students graduated from Oklahoma City University's history program. The tuition rate at Oklahoma City University was $25,760 per year.
Oklahoma Christian University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a history program. It is located in Edmond. In 2010, Oklahoma Christian University graduated 4 students from its history program. Students at Oklahoma Christian University paid $17,456 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Oklahoma with a history program is Saint Gregorys University, which is located in Shawnee. In 2010, it was ranked 54th nationwide. Tuition at Saint Gregorys University was $17,516 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oklahoma's history schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,841 per year, though tuition can range from $28,735 per year to $2,091 per year. The Oklahoma history schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Tulsa - located in Tulsa, students are charged $28,735 per year
- Oklahoma City University - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $25,760 per year
- Oral Roberts University - located in Tulsa, students are charged $20,054 per year
The history schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Oklahoma were:
- Connors State College - located in Warner, students are charged $2,091 per year
- Oklahoma City Community College - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,659 per year
- Murray State College - located in Tishomingo, students are charged $2,990 per year
A history degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
The highest percentage of history graduates in Oklahoma pursue careers as a historian. 90 historians were working in Oklahoma in 2010. The largest populations of Oklahoma historians are working in the following counties:
The government projects that the number of historians in Oklahoma will grow by 19%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 90 historians working in Oklahoma.
A historian in Oklahoma earns $34,630 per year on average.
For more data regarding a career in history in Oklahoma and to compare salaries with various related fields such as political science or history, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in History in Oklahoma
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Oklahoma
- Master's Degree in History in Oklahoma
- Doctoral Degree in History in Oklahoma
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Oklahoma