There are schools offering paralegal programs in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Oklahoma
East Central University, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a paralegal program. It is located in Ada. 7 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from East Central University in 2010. The tuition rate at East Central University was $4,482 per year.
The second-ranked school in Oklahoma with a paralegal program is Vatterott College, which is located in Oklahoma City. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. 10 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Vatterott College in 2010. Tuition at Vatterott College was $11,066 per year.
The third-ranked school in Oklahoma with a paralegal program is Rogers State University, which is located in Claremore. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. 2 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Rogers State University in 2010. Tuition at Rogers State University was $4,513 per year.
Tuition at Oklahoma's paralegal schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $2,660 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,402 per year. In 2010, the following Oklahoma paralegal schools had the highest tuition rates:
- ITT Technical Institute-Oklahoma City - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Tulsa - located in Tulsa, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Vatterott College - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $11,066 per year
The paralegal schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Oklahoma were:
- Rose State College - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,660 per year
- East Central University - located in Ada, students are charged $4,482 per year
- Rogers State University - located in Claremore, students are charged $4,513 per year
A paralegal degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
The highest percentage of paralegal graduates in Oklahoma pursue careers as a paralegal. In 2010, there were 2,440 paralegals working in Oklahoma. In Oklahoma, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Canadian County - 990 paralegals
- Creek County - 750 paralegals
- Atoka County - 250 paralegals
The government projects that the number of paralegals in Oklahoma will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,160 paralegals working in Oklahoma.
A paralegal in Oklahoma earns $41,200 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. paralegals in Oklahoma had varying salaries from $21,360 to $64,470 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oklahoma have the highest average salaries for paralegals:
- Canadian County - $45,720 per year
- Creek County - $41,720 per year
- Cherokee County - $35,660 per year
The Oklahoma counties with the lowest average salary for paralegals are:
- Adair County - $31,740 per year
- Beckham County - $33,250 per year
- Atoka County - $33,890 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oklahoma statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Oklahoma
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||2,440||$41,200||54.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Oklahoma