There are schools offering social work degrees in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Oklahoma
Oklahoma Christian University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a social work program. It is located in Edmond. no students graduated with a degree in social work from Oklahoma Christian University in 2010. Oklahoma Christian University charged in-state students $17,456 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a social work program is Saint Gregorys University. Saint Gregorys University, which was ranked 54th in the country in 2010, is located in Shawnee. Saint Gregorys University charged in-state students $17,516 in tuition fees per year.
University of Oklahoma Norman Campus, which was ranked 54th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a social work program. It is located in Norman. In 2010, 154 students graduated from University of Oklahoma Norman Campus social work program. University of Oklahoma Norman Campus charged in-state students $7,864 in tuition fees per year.
Social work schools in Oklahoma, charge students an average tuition of $9,454 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $20,054 per year, or as little as $2,400 per year. The Oklahoma social work schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Oral Roberts University - located in Tulsa, students are charged $20,054 per year
- Oklahoma Baptist University - located in Shawnee, students are charged $18,608 per year
- Saint Gregorys University - located in Shawnee, students are charged $17,516 per year
The following Oklahoma social work schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Tulsa Community College - located in Tulsa, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City - located in Oklahoma City, students are charged $2,419 per year
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University - located in Weatherford, students are charged $4,335 per year
A social work degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
Most people who graduate from social work school in Oklahoma go on to work as a social worker. 1,190 social workers were working in Oklahoma in 2010. The largest populations of Oklahoma social workers are working in the following counties:
- Canadian County - 430 social workers
- Creek County - 230 social workers
- Atoka County - 180 social workers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,740 social workers will be working in Oklahoma state. This would require the number of social workers to grow by 20%.
On average, a social worker earns a salary of $40,860 per year in Oklahoma state. However, this number is only an average. social workers in Oklahoma had varying salaries from $18,440 to $70,020 per year in 2010. On average a social worker earns the most in the following Oklahoma counties:
- Beckham County - $45,540 per year
- Canadian County - $43,710 per year
- Adair County - $40,480 per year
The following counties in Oklahoma have the lowest average salaries for social workers:
- Comanche County - $31,830 per year
- Cherokee County - $37,180 per year
- Creek County - $39,540 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oklahoma statistics regarding a career in social work. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Oklahoma
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Oklahoma
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Oklahoma
- Certificate in Social Work in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||4,550||$35,050||-20.2%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||1,190||$40,860||22.7%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||1,100||$33,000||14.6%|
|Social Workers, All Other||830||$38,380||9.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Oklahoma