There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in Oklahoma!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in Oklahoma
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Oklahoma receive sports medicine degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 33 sports medicine professionals graduate from Oklahoma's 8 sports medicine schools.
Saint Gregorys University, which is located in Shawnee, is the top-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a sports medicine program. It received a ranking of 54th in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a degree in sports medicine from Saint Gregorys University in 2010. Students at Saint Gregorys University paid $17,516 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Oklahoma with a sports medicine program is Oklahoma State University-Main Campus, which is located in Stillwater. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Oklahoma State University-Main Campus sports medicine program. Tuition at Oklahoma State University-Main Campus was $6,779 per year.
The third-ranked school in Oklahoma that has a sports medicine program is Green Country Technology Center. Green Country Technology Center, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Okmulgee. In 2010, Green Country Technology Center graduated 0 students from its sports medicine programs. The tuition rate at Green Country Technology Center was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oklahoma's sports medicine schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,401 per year, though tuition can range from $28,735 per year to $2,778 per year. In 2010, the following Oklahoma sports medicine schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Tulsa - located in Tulsa, students are charged $28,735 per year
- Oklahoma Baptist University - located in Shawnee, students are charged $18,608 per year
- Saint Gregorys University - located in Shawnee, students are charged $17,516 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oklahoma sports medicine schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College - located in Miami, students are charged $2,778 per year
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University - located in Weatherford, students are charged $4,335 per year
- University of Central Oklahoma - located in Edmond, students are charged $4,456 per year
A sports medicine degree from an Oklahoma school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs sports medicine graduates in Oklahoma pursue include sports medicine coordinator , coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. If you decide to work as a sports medicine professional in Oklahoma, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 7,460 Oklahoma sports medicine professional as of 2010. This number includes 2,420 sports medicine physicians, 240 sports medicine coordinator s, and 1,740 coaches. In Oklahoma, the largest numbers of sports medicine professional work in the following counties:
- Canadian County - 3,700 sports medicine professionals
- Creek County - 1,560 sports medicine professionals
- Atoka County - 480 sports medicine professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 7,280 sports medicine professionals will be working in Oklahoma. This would require the number of sports medicine professional to grow by 26%.
sports medicine professionals in Oklahoma earn $69,842 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Sports medicine professional in Oklahoma had varying salaries from $15,420 to $129,340 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oklahoma have the highest average salaries for sports medicine professionals:
- Cherokee County - $86,068 per year
- Comanche County - $84,053 per year
- Adair County - $83,128 per year
On average, sports medicine professionals earn the least in the following Oklahoma counties:
- Beckham County - $58,445 per year
- Canadian County - $67,446 per year
- Creek County - $74,012 per year
The sports medicine professionals with highest average salaries in Oklahoma were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $163,750 per year
- Physical Therapist - $74,970 per year
- Physical Therapist Assistant - $46,790 per year
The sports medicine professionals with lowest average salaries in Oklahoma were:
- Coach - $31,890 per year
- Sports Medicine Coordinator - $31,810 per year
For more data regarding a career in sports medicine in Oklahoma and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in Oklahoma
- Master's Degree in Sports Medicine in Oklahoma
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oklahoma
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||2,420||$163,750||6.1%|
|Coaches and Scouts||1,740||$31,890||18.4%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||1,250||$46,790||23.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in Oklahoma