There are schools offering accounting degrees in Oregon!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Oregon
The top-ranked school in Oregon that has a accounting program is Linfield College. Linfield College, which was ranked 34th in the country in 2010, is located in Mcminnville. In 2010, 25 students graduated from Linfield College's accounting program. Linfield College charged in-state students $30,604 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Oregon that has a accounting program is Northwest Christian University. Northwest Christian University, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Eugene. In 2010, Northwest Christian University graduated 13 students from its accounting program. Tuition at Northwest Christian University was $22,900 per year.
The third-ranked school in Oregon that has a accounting program is Warner Pacific College. Warner Pacific College, which was ranked 49th in the country in 2010, is located in Portland. In 2010, Warner Pacific College graduated 6 students from its accounting programs. The tuition rate at Warner Pacific College was $17,604 per year.
Tuition at Oregon's accounting schools ranges from $33,538 per year to $2,895 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,094 per year. The Oregon accounting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $33,538 per year
- Linfield College - located in Mcminnville, students are charged $30,604 per year
- George Fox University - located in Newberg, students are charged $27,970 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oregon accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Klamath Community College - located in Klamath Falls, students are charged $2,895 per year
- Clatsop Community College - located in Astoria, students are charged $2,952 per year
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
An accounting degree from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon accounting graduates become accountants. Oregon had 11,430 accountants in 2010. The Oregon counties with the largest populations of accountants are:
- Clackamas County - 7,960 accountants
- Marion County - 1,110 accountants
- Lane County - 910 accountants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of accountants in the state of Oregon will grow to 12,840. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
On average, an accountant earns a salary of $62,080 per year in Oregon state. However, this number is only an average. accountants in Oregon had varying salaries from $28,740 to $94,440 per year in 2010. On average an accountant earns the most in the following Oregon counties:
- Deschutes County - $64,560 per year
- Clackamas County - $63,910 per year
- Marion County - $59,430 per year
On average, accountants earns the least in the following Oregon counties:
- Clatsop County - $52,390 per year
- Benton County - $54,740 per year
- Linn County - $55,690 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Oregon
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Oregon
- Certificate in Accounting in Oregon
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||24,870||$35,380||-6.3%|
|Accountants and Auditors||11,430||$62,080||1.3%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||5,150||$33,760||-4.8%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||2,280||$38,140||-11.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Oregon