There are schools offering art classes in Oregon!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Oregon
Reed College, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a art program. It is located in Portland. In 2010, Reed College graduated 22 students from its art program. Reed College charged in-state students $41,200 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Oregon that has a art program is Lewis & Clark College. Lewis & Clark College, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Portland. 21 students graduated with degree in art from Lewis & Clark College in 2010. Students at Lewis & Clark College paid $36,632 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Oregon that has a art program is Willamette University. Willamette University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Salem. In 2010, Willamette University graduated 16 students from its art programs. Students at Willamette University paid $37,361 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Oregon's art schools ranges from $41,200 per year to $3,016 per year. But, the average tuition is $16,727 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Oregon art schools were charged at the following schools:
- Reed College - located in Portland, students are charged $41,200 per year
- Willamette University - located in Salem, students are charged $37,361 per year
- Lewis & Clark College - located in Portland, students are charged $36,632 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oregon art schools were charged at the following schools:
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Linn-Benton Community College - located in Albany, students are charged $3,234 per year
- Lane Community College - located in Eugene, students are charged $3,418 per year
An art degree from an Oregon school... what next?
Most people who graduate from art school in Oregon go on to work as an artist. 110 artists were working in Oregon in 2010. The largest populations of Oregon artists are working in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 80 artists
The government projects that the number of artists in Oregon will grow by 7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 230 artists working in Oregon.
On average, artists earn $42,540 per year. In 2010, however, some Oregon artists earned as little as less than $17,720 per year or as much as more than $66,570 per year. An artist in the following Oregon counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Clackamas County - $45,670 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in art and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as animation or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Oregon
- Master's Degree in Art in Oregon
- Doctoral Degree in Art in Oregon
- Certificate in Art in Oregon
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||380||$62,690||90.0%|
|Artists and Related Workers, All Other||140||$41,740||100.0%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||110||$42,540||-8.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Oregon