There are schools offering automotive training in Oregon!
Schools Offering Automotive Repair Programs in Oregon
Each year, roughly 0.4% of Oregon students graduate with certificates in automotive repair. In other words, every year an estimated 331 automotive mechanics graduate from Oregon's 11 automotive schools.
The top-ranked school in Oregon with a automotive program is Portland Community College, which is located in Portland. In 2010, it was ranked 86th nationwide. 67 students graduated with a certificate in automotive from Portland Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Portland Community College was $3,016 per year.
Clackamas Community College, which was ranked 86th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a automotive program. It is located in Oregon City. In 2010, 19 students graduated from Clackamas Community College automotive program. The tuition rate at Clackamas Community College was $3,555 per year.
The third-ranked school in Oregon with a automotive program is Mt Hood Community College, which is located in Gresham. In 2010, it was ranked 87th nationwide. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Mt Hood Community College automotive program. Students at Mt Hood Community College paid $3,769 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Oregon's automotive schools ranges from $3,769 per year to $2,643 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,277 per year. The Oregon automotive schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Mt Hood Community College - located in Gresham, students are charged $3,769 per year
- Chemeketa Community College - located in Salem, students are charged $3,645 per year
- Umpqua Community College - located in Roseburg, students are charged $3,608 per year
The automotive schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Clatsop Community College - located in Astoria, students are charged $2,952 per year
- Rogue Community College - located in Grants Pass, students are charged $2,994 per year
An automotive certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
Most people who graduate from automotive school in Oregon go on to work as an automotive mechanic. In 2010, there were 5,760 automotive mechanics working in Oregon. The Oregon counties with the largest populations of automotive mechanics are:
- Clackamas County - 3,480 automotive mechanics
- Lane County - 540 automotive mechanics
- Baker County - 470 automotive mechanics
The government projects that by 2018, the number of automotive mechanics in the state of Oregon will grow to 6,590. This would require a 8% growth in the profession.
An automotive mechanic in Oregon earns $40,020 per year on average. But, salaries for automotive mechanics can vary. In 2010, automotive mechanics made as little as less than $18,310 per year or as much as more than $70,810 per year in Oregon. On average an automotive mechanic earns the most in the following Oregon counties:
- Benton County - $45,660 per year
- Deschutes County - $43,210 per year
- Clatsop County - $42,320 per year
On average, automotive mechanics earns the least in the following Oregon counties:
- Linn County - $34,110 per year
- Baker County - $36,220 per year
- Jackson County - $36,860 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in automotive repair and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as automotive or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Repair in Oregon
- Certificate in Automotive Repair in Oregon
Curious what studying Automotive gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||5,760||$40,020||-21.5%|
|Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists||3,570||$43,510||7.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are automotive related jobs in Oregon