There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Oregon!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Oregon
Your Favorite Schools
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, which is located in Portland, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a hospitality program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. 31 students graduated with a degree in hospitality from Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in 2010. Students at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts paid $19,225 per year in tuition fees.
Everest College-Portland, which is located in Portland, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a hospitality program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Everest College-Portland hospitality program. Everest College-Portland charged in-state students $14,740 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Oregon with a hospitality program is Tillamook Bay Community College, which is located in Tillamook. In 2010, it was ranked 85th nationwide. Tillamook Bay Community College charged in-state students $3,096 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Oregon hospitality school, average tuition will be $7,321 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,096 per year to $19,225 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Oregon hospitality schools were charged at the following schools:
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts - located in Portland, students are charged $19,225 per year
- Everest College-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $14,740 per year
- Mt Hood Community College - located in Gresham, students are charged $3,769 per year
The following Oregon hospitality schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Tillamook Bay Community College - located in Tillamook, students are charged $3,096 per year
- Blue Mountain Community College - located in Pendleton, students are charged $3,215 per year
- Clackamas Community College - located in Oregon City, students are charged $3,555 per year
A hospitality degree from an Oregon school... what next?
hospitality graduates in Oregon can go into a variety of professions such as restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook. 31,850 hospitality professionals were working in Oregon in 2010. Of these, 580 were hotel managers. In addition, 2,240 were restaurant managers, and 1,020 were sous chefs. The following counties have the largest number of Oregon hospitality professionals:
- Clackamas County - 18,240 hospitality professionals
- Marion County - 3,140 hospitality professionals
- Baker County - 3,080 hospitality professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 37,290 hospitality professionals will be working in Oregon. This would require the number of hospitality professional to grow by 12%.
hospitality professionals in Oregon earn $33,907 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Oregon hospitality professional earned as little as less than $17,810 per year or as much as more than $102,300 per year. The following counties in Oregon have the highest average salaries for hospitality professionals:
- Clackamas County - $35,469 per year
- Deschutes County - $33,480 per year
- Clatsop County - $33,294 per year
Hospitality professionals in the following counties in Oregon make the lowest salaries on average:
- Benton County - $28,173 per year
- Linn County - $29,090 per year
- Lane County - $30,259 per year
On average, the highest paid hospitality professionals in Oregon were:
- Restaurant Manager - $52,150 per year
- Hotel Manager - $47,430 per year
- Sous Chef - $45,230 per year
On average, the lowest paid hospitality professionals in Oregon were:
- Delicatessen Cook - $22,120 per year
- Pizza Maker - $19,690 per year
For more data regarding a career in hospitality in Oregon and to compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or culinary, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Oregon
- Certificate in Hospitality in Oregon
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,791 miles from location||Chemeketa Community College||Salem||OR||10.9513||n/a||12,217|
|7,750 miles from location||Mt Hood Community College||Gresham||OR||12.9715||n/a||8,897|
|7,763 miles from location||Clackamas Community College||Oregon City||OR||13.6089||n/a||8,145|
|7,586 miles from location||Blue Mountain Community College||Pendleton||OR||8.95666||n/a||2,720|
|7,762 miles from location||Everest College-Portland||Portland||OR||17.4904||70%||737|
|7,763 miles from location||Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts||Portland||OR||22.3502||n/a||725|
|7,815 miles from location||Tillamook Bay Community College||Tillamook||OR||14.9462||n/a||310|
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Restaurant +||13,640||$25,110||8.3%|
|Cooks, Fast Food +||6,930||$19,690||-24.9%|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria +||5,610||$25,620||25.8%|
|Food Service Managers +||2,240||$52,150||4.2%|
|Cooks, Short Order +||1,830||$22,120||-21.8%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks +||1,020||$45,230||-19.7%|
|Lodging Managers +||580||$47,430||9.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Oregon