There are schools offering LPN programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Oregon
Valley Medical College, which is located in Salem, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Valley Medical College graduated 4 students from its LPN program.
Clackamas Community College, which is located in Oregon City, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at Clackamas Community College was $3,555 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oregon's LPN schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,448 per year, though tuition can range from $11,023 per year to $2,643 per year. In 2010, the following Oregon LPN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Pioneer Pacific College - located in Wilsonville, students are charged $11,023 per year
- Treasure Valley Community College - located in Ontario, students are charged $4,095 per year
- Mt Hood Community College - located in Gresham, students are charged $3,769 per year
The following Oregon LPN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Clatsop Community College - located in Astoria, students are charged $2,952 per year
- Rogue Community College - located in Grants Pass, students are charged $2,994 per year
A LPN certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
Most people who graduate from LPN school in Oregon go on to work as a licensed practical nurse. If you decide to work as a licensed practical nurse in Oregon, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,590 Oregon licensed practical nurses as of 2010. The largest populations of Oregon licensed practical nurses are working in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 1,360 licensed practical nurses
- Lane County - 340 licensed practical nurses
- Marion County - 300 licensed practical nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of licensed practical nurses is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,170 licensed practical nurses working in the Oregon then.
A licensed practical nurse in Oregon makes an average of $45,370 per year. But, salaries for licensed practical nurses can vary. In 2010, licensed practical nurses made as little as less than $31,390 per year or as much as more than $59,630 per year in Oregon. A licensed practical nurse in the following Oregon counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Clackamas County - $46,570 per year
- Linn County - $46,300 per year
- Clatsop County - $46,290 per year
On average, licensed practical nurses earns the least in the following Oregon counties:
- Baker County - $40,440 per year
- Deschutes County - $43,430 per year
- Lane County - $43,510 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Oregon
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||2,590||$45,370||-9.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in Oregon