There are schools offering medical coding classess in Oregon!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Oregon
Concorde Career College, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a medical coding program. It is located in Portland. 121 students graduated with a certificate in medical coding from Concorde Career College in 2010.
Everest College-Portland, which is located in Portland, is the second-ranked school in Oregon that has a medical coding program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 35 students graduated from Everest College-Portland medical coding program. The tuition rate at Everest College-Portland was $14,740 per year.
The third-ranked school in Oregon with a medical coding program is Mt Hood Community College, which is located in Gresham. In 2010, it was ranked 87th nationwide. Students at Mt Hood Community College paid $3,769 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Oregon's medical coding schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,039 per year, though tuition can range from $14,740 per year to $3,418 per year. In 2010, the medical coding schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- Everest College-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $14,740 per year
- Heald College-LLC-Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $13,095 per year
- Mt Hood Community College - located in Gresham, students are charged $3,769 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Oregon medical coding schools were charged at the following schools:
- Lane Community College - located in Eugene, students are charged $3,418 per year
- Umpqua Community College - located in Roseburg, students are charged $3,608 per year
- Chemeketa Community College - located in Salem, students are charged $3,645 per year
A medical coding certificate from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon medical coding graduates become medical coders. If you decide to work as a medical coder in Oregon, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,680 Oregon medical coders as of 2010. The largest populations of Oregon medical coders are working in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 1,400 medical coders
- Marion County - 320 medical coders
- Lane County - 260 medical coders
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical coders in the state of Oregon will grow to 3,270. This would require a 24% growth in the profession.
On average, a medical coder earns a salary of $35,970 per year in Oregon state. However, this number is only an average. medical coders in Oregon had varying salaries from $20,640 to $54,120 per year in 2010. The following counties in Oregon have the highest average salaries for medical coders:
- Clackamas County - $39,040 per year
- Linn County - $36,850 per year
- Baker County - $35,360 per year
A medical coder in the following counties in Oregon make the lowest salaries on average:
- Douglas County - $29,400 per year
- Marion County - $31,270 per year
- Jackson County - $31,450 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in medical coding and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Oregon
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||2,680||$35,970||15.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Oregon