There are schools offering public administration degrees in Oregon!
Schools Offering Public Administration Programs in Oregon
Your Favorite Schools
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Oregon receive public administration degrees every year. Thus, Oregon's 6 public administration schools put out approximately 174 public administration professionals each year.
Willamette University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a public administration program. It is located in Salem. no students graduated with a degree in public administration from Willamette University in 2010. Students at Willamette University paid $37,361 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Oregon with a public administration program is University of Oregon, which is located in Eugene. In 2010, it was ranked 61st nationwide. In 2010, University of Oregon graduated 67 students from its public administration program. University of Oregon charged in-state students $8,190 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Oregon that has a public administration program is Oregon State University. Oregon State University, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Corvallis. 22 students graduated with degree in public administration from Oregon State University in 2010. Tuition at Oregon State University was $7,115 per year.
Tuition at Oregon's public administration schools ranges from $37,361 per year to $3,016 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,309 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Oregon public administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Willamette University - located in Salem, students are charged $37,361 per year
- University of Phoenix-Oregon Campus - located in Portland, students are charged $11,040 per year
- University of Oregon - located in Eugene, students are charged $8,190 per year
The public administration schools in Oregon that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Portland Community College - located in Portland, students are charged $3,016 per year
- Oregon State University - located in Corvallis, students are charged $7,115 per year
- Portland State University - located in Portland, students are charged $7,130 per year
A public administration degree from an Oregon school... what next?
Many Oregon public administration graduates become a chief executive officer, economic development specialist, and community development planner. If you decide to work as a public administration professional in Oregon, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,300 Oregon public administration professional as of 2010. This number includes 160 legislators, 1,750 chief executive officers, and 230 economic development specialists. The Oregon counties with the largest populations of public administration professional are:
- Clackamas County - 2,010 public administration professionals
- Marion County - 420 public administration professionals
- Lane County - 190 public administration professionals
The government projects that the number of public administration professionals in Oregon will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,770 public administration professionals working in Oregon. The greatest growth for public administration professional is predicted to be amongst Economic Development Specialists, who are expected to increase by 17% by 2018.
public administration professionals in Oregon make an average of $98,075 per year. However, this number is only an average. Public administration professional in Oregon had varying salaries from $17,870 to $129,830 per year in 2010. Public administration professionals in the following Oregon counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Linn County - $140,190 per year
- Lane County - $135,330 per year
- Jackson County - $121,510 per year
The following counties in Oregon have the lowest average salaries for public administration professional:
- Douglas County - $71,825 per year
- Benton County - $77,820 per year
- Baker County - $91,305 per year
The public administration professionals with highest average salaries in Oregon were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $184,700 per year
- Economic Development Specialist - $100,630 per year
- Community Development Planner - $66,860 per year
On average, the lowest paid public administration professionals in Oregon were:
- Community Development Planner - $66,860 per year
- Legislator - $40,110 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in public administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as sociology or political science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Public Administration in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration in Oregon
- Master's Degree in Public Administration in Oregon
- Doctoral Degree in Public Administration in Oregon
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,767 miles from location||Portland Community College||Portland||OR||13.6889||n/a||30,161|
|7,763 miles from location||Portland State University||Portland||OR||27.0639||52%||27,901|
|7,822 miles from location||University of Oregon||Eugene||OR||38.7849||33%||22,335|
|7,817 miles from location||Oregon State University||Corvallis||OR||35.6035||44%||21,950|
|7,795 miles from location||Willamette University||Salem||OR||72.0804||16%||2,838|
|7,768 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Oregon Campus||Portland||OR||10.5117||n/a||1,136|
Curious what studying Public Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Chief Executives +||1,750||$184,700|
|Urban and Regional Planners +||1,160||$66,860||-3.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are public administration related jobs in Oregon