There are schools offering RN programs in Oregon!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Oregon
University of Portland, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Oregon that has a RN program. It is located in Portland. In 2010, 225 students graduated from University of Portland's RN program. Tuition at University of Portland was $33,538 per year.
The second-ranked school in Oregon with a RN program is George Fox University, which is located in Newberg. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, 31 students graduated from George Fox University RN program. Students at George Fox University paid $27,970 per year in tuition fees.
ITT Technical Institute-Portland, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Oregon that has a RN program. It is located in Portland. In 2010, 0 students graduated from ITT Technical Institute-Portland RN program. ITT Technical Institute-Portland charged in-state students $18,048 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Oregon's RN schools ranges from $33,538 per year to $2,643 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,207 per year. In 2010, the RN schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Oregon were:
- University of Portland - located in Portland, students are charged $33,538 per year
- George Fox University - located in Newberg, students are charged $27,970 per year
- Concordia University - located in Portland, students are charged $24,114 per year
The following Oregon RN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Central Oregon Community College - located in Bend, students are charged $2,643 per year
- Clatsop Community College - located in Astoria, students are charged $2,952 per year
- Rogue Community College - located in Grants Pass, students are charged $2,994 per year
A RN degree from an Oregon school... what next?
A large number of Oregon RN graduates become registered nurses. 31,950 registered nurses were working in Oregon in 2010. In Oregon, the largest numbers of registered nurses work in the following counties:
- Clackamas County - 19,610 registered nurses
- Lane County - 2,760 registered nurses
- Marion County - 2,600 registered nurses
The government projects that the number of registered nurses in Oregon will grow by 22%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 37,430 registered nurses working in Oregon.
A registered nurse in Oregon makes an average of $75,350 per year. However, this number is only an average. registered nurses in Oregon had varying salaries from $45,000 to $100,450 per year in 2010. A registered nurse in the following Oregon counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Clackamas County - $78,180 per year
- Deschutes County - $75,810 per year
- Jackson County - $74,990 per year
On average, registered nurses earns the least in the following Oregon counties:
- Linn County - $59,030 per year
- Baker County - $67,070 per year
- Douglas County - $69,490 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Oregon statistics regarding a career in nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or forensic nursing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Oregon
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing in Oregon
- Doctoral Degree in Nursing in Oregon
- Certificate in Nursing in Oregon
Curious what studying RN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Oregon
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are RN related jobs in Oregon