There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Pennsylvania
- Administrative Assistant Courses in New Jersey
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Connecticut
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Delaware
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Washington DC
- Administrative Assistant Courses in New York
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Maryland
- See All Schools in Pennsylvania
Around 0.1% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from administrative assisting certificate programs every year. Thus, Pennsylvania's 50 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 456 administrative assistants each year.
Cedar Crest College, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Allentown. In 2010, no students graduated from Cedar Crest College's administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Cedar Crest College was $28,967 per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a administrative assistant program is Clarion University of Pennsylvania, which is located in Clarion. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. In 2010, Clarion University of Pennsylvania graduated 1 students from its administrative assistant program. Clarion University of Pennsylvania charged in-state students $7,723 in tuition fees per year.
Penn Commercial Business/Technical School, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Washington. In 2010, Penn Commercial Business/Technical School graduated 5 students from its administrative assistant programs. Students at Penn Commercial Business/Technical School paid $20,600 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's administrative assistant schools ranges from $28,967 per year to $2,700 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,956 per year. The Pennsylvania administrative assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Cedar Crest College - located in Allentown, students are charged $28,967 per year
- Gwynedd Mercy College - located in Gwynedd Valley, students are charged $25,610 per year
- Penn Commercial Business/Technical School - located in Washington, students are charged $20,600 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Pennsylvania go on to work as an administrative assistant. 36,110 administrative assistants were working in Pennsylvania in 2010. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 15,310 administrative assistants
- Allegheny County - 7,520 administrative assistants
- Cumberland County - 2,280 administrative assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 43,900 administrative assistants will be working in Pennsylvania state. This would require the number of administrative assistants to grow by 2%.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $45,080 per year in Pennsylvania state. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $21,640 per year or as much as more than $69,770 per year in Pennsylvania. The following counties in Pennsylvania have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Bucks County - $49,920 per year
- Centre County - $45,870 per year
- Cumberland County - $45,250 per year
On average, administrative assistants earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Blair County - $33,020 per year
- Bedford County - $33,470 per year
- Lycoming County - $33,710 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||147,550||$28,760||-0.2%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||88,720||$30,650||14.5%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||36,110||$45,080||-11.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Pennsylvania