There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Pennsylvania
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a cosmetology program is Altoona Beauty School Inc. Altoona Beauty School Inc, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Altoona. 50 students graduated with a certificate in cosmetology from Altoona Beauty School Inc in 2010.
Venus Beauty Academy, which is located in Sharon Hill, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 65 students graduated from Venus Beauty Academy cosmetology program.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a cosmetology program is Stroudsburg School of Cosmetology, which is located in Stroudsburg. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Stroudsburg School of Cosmetology cosmetology program. The tuition rate at Stroudsburg School of Cosmetology was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's cosmetology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,133 per year, though tuition can range from $15,500 per year to $3,120 per year. The Pennsylvania cosmetology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Douglas Education Center - located in Monessen, students are charged $15,500 per year
- Tri-State Business Institute - located in Erie, students are charged $13,800 per year
- McCann School of Business and Technology - located in Pottsville, students are charged $12,816 per year
The cosmetology schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Butler County Community College - located in Butler, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Laurel Technical Institute - located in Sharon, students are charged $8,365 per year
- Laurel Business Institute - located in Uniontown, students are charged $8,715 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania cosmetology graduates become cosmetologists. If you decide to work as a cosmetologist in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 23,390 Pennsylvania cosmetologists as of 2010. The largest populations of Pennsylvania cosmetologists are working in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 7,240 cosmetologists
- Allegheny County - 5,280 cosmetologists
- Warren County - 1,840 cosmetologists
The government projects that the number of cosmetologists in Pennsylvania will grow by 13%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 42,100 cosmetologists working in Pennsylvania.
A cosmetologist in Pennsylvania earns $24,620 per year on average. However, Pennsylvania cosmetologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,710 per year to more than $45,010 per year in 2010. A cosmetologist in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bucks County - $28,300 per year
- Berks County - $26,450 per year
- Cumberland County - $26,290 per year
A cosmetologist in the following counties in Pennsylvania make the lowest salaries on average:
- Clarion County - $18,900 per year
- Blair County - $20,350 per year
- Centre County - $20,530 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||n/a||$19,110|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||23,390||$24,620||2.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Pennsylvania