There are schools offering forestry degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Forestry Programs in Pennsylvania
Your Favorite Schools
Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus, which is located in University Park, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a forestry program. It received a ranking of 48th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 61 students graduated from Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus' forestry program. Students at Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus paid $15,250 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a forestry program is Keystone College. Keystone College, which was ranked 50th in the country in 2010, is located in La Plume. Students at Keystone College paid $19,020 per year in tuition fees.
Elizabethtown College, which was ranked 50th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a forestry program. It is located in Elizabethtown. Tuition at Elizabethtown College was $33,250 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's forestry schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $21,012 per year, though tuition can range from $33,250 per year to $12,730 per year. The Pennsylvania forestry schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Elizabethtown College - located in Elizabethtown, students are charged $33,250 per year
- Albright College - located in Reading, students are charged $32,740 per year
- Keystone College - located in La Plume, students are charged $19,020 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania forestry schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto - located in Mont Alto, students are charged $12,730 per year
- Pennsylvania College of Technology - located in Williamsport, students are charged $13,080 per year
- Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus - located in University Park, students are charged $15,250 per year
A forestry degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania forestry graduates become foresters. If you decide to work as a forester in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 420 Pennsylvania foresters as of 2010. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of foresters are:
- Bedford County - 110 foresters
- Clarion County - 70 foresters
- Bradford County - 40 foresters
On average, a forester earns a salary of $54,830 per year in Pennsylvania state. But, salaries for foresters can vary. In 2010, foresters made as little as less than $37,470 per year or as much as more than $82,820 per year in Pennsylvania. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for a forester are:
- Clarion County - $60,080 per year
- Bradford County - $55,640 per year
- Bedford County - $52,530 per year
A forester in the following counties in Pennsylvania make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allegheny County - $48,230 per year
- Adams County - $51,580 per year
- Bedford County - $52,530 per year
For more data regarding a career in forestry in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forestry or public administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forestry in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Forestry in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Forestry in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Forestry in Pennsylvania
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,645 miles from location||Somerset County Technology Center||Somerset||PA||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|5,591 miles from location||Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus||University Park||PA||51.8091||36%||45,185|
|5,552 miles from location||Pennsylvania College of Technology||Williamsport||PA||24.1746||n/a||6,409|
|5,519 miles from location||Elizabethtown College||Elizabethtown||PA||33.3197||22%||2,361|
|5,485 miles from location||Albright College||Reading||PA||28.0109||17%||2,358|
|5,491 miles from location||Keystone College||La Plume||PA||49.775||36%||1,691|
|5,565 miles from location||Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto||Mont Alto||PA||27.8444||51%||1,182|
Curious what studying Forestry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Fire Fighting and Prevention Workers +||1,190||$70,580||-3.3%|
|Conservation Scientists +||1,010||$43,250||87.0%|
|Forest and Conservation Technicians +||210||$38,280|
|Forest and Conservation Workers +||80||$44,990|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forestry related jobs in Pennsylvania