There are schools offering homeland security degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Homeland Security Programs in Pennsylvania
Your Favorite Schools
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive homeland security degrees every year. That means an estimated 170 homeland security professionals graduate from Pennsylvania's 8 homeland security schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a homeland security program is Saint Joseph's University. Saint Joseph's University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. 1 students graduated with a degree in homeland security from Saint Joseph's University in 2010. The tuition rate at Saint Joseph's University was $35,230 per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a homeland security program is Millersville University of Pennsylvania. Millersville University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Millersville. In 2010, Millersville University of Pennsylvania graduated 10 students from its homeland security program. Millersville University of Pennsylvania charged in-state students $7,700 in tuition fees per year.
Point Park University, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a homeland security program. It is located in Pittsburgh. 12 students graduated with degree in homeland security from Point Park University in 2010. Point Park University charged in-state students $22,500 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's homeland security schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $17,752 per year, though tuition can range from $35,230 per year to $6,350 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania homeland security schools were charged at the following schools:
- Saint Joseph's University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $35,230 per year
- Point Park University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $22,500 per year
- La Roche College - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $22,476 per year
The following Pennsylvania homeland security schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Erie Business Center-South - located in New Castle, students are charged $6,350 per year
- Millersville University of Pennsylvania - located in Millersville, students are charged $7,700 per year
- Pittsburgh Technical Institute - located in Oakdale, students are charged $14,760 per year
A homeland security degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Many Pennsylvania homeland security graduates become a fbi special agent, security officer, and geospatial intelligence analyst. Pennsylvania had 44,330 homeland security professionals in 2010. 1,710 of these homeland security professionals were transportation security officers, 3,260 were fbi special agents, and 38,840 were security officers. The largest populations of Pennsylvania homeland security professional are working in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 20,110 homeland security professionals
- Allegheny County - 9,130 homeland security professionals
- Cumberland County - 2,570 homeland security professionals
The government projects that the number of homeland security professionals in Pennsylvania will grow by 9%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 47,500 homeland security professionals working in Pennsylvania. The greatest growth for homeland security professional is predicted to be amongst FBI Special Agents, who are expected to increase by 15% by 2018.
On average, homeland security professionals earn $55,525 per year. However, this number is only an average. Homeland security professional in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $15,800 to $120,030 per year in 2010. On average homeland security professional earn the most in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bucks County - $57,420 per year
- Cumberland County - $49,173 per year
- York County - $46,810 per year
On average, homeland security professionals earn the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Cambria County - $21,420 per year
- Bedford County - $21,750 per year
- Blair County - $22,820 per year
On average, the highest paid homeland security professionals in Pennsylvania were:
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst - $87,530 per year
- Fbi Special Agent - $74,510 per year
- Transportation Security Officer - $32,340 per year
On average, the lowest paid homeland security professionals in Pennsylvania were:
- Transportation Security Officer - $32,340 per year
- Security Officer - $27,720 per year
For more data regarding a career in homeland security in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as crime scene investigation or homeland security, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Homeland Security in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Homeland Security in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Homeland Security in Pennsylvania
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,687 miles from location||Forbes Road Career and Technology Center||Monroeville||PA||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|5,591 miles from location||Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus||University Park||PA||51.8091||36%||45,185|
|5,505 miles from location||Millersville University of Pennsylvania||Millersville||PA||65.2264||35%||8,427|
|5,446 miles from location||Saint Joseph's University||Philadelphia||PA||70.0923||22%||8,337|
|5,700 miles from location||Point Park University||Pittsburgh||PA||58.4171||24%||3,985|
|5,709 miles from location||Pittsburgh Technical Institute||Oakdale||PA||25.6228||65%||2,192|
|5,701 miles from location||La Roche College||Pittsburgh||PA||55.3725||33%||1,356|
|5,722 miles from location||Erie Business Center-South||New Castle||PA||27.0752||100%||81|
Curious what studying Homeland Security gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Security Guards +||38,840||$27,720||5.7%|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators +||3,260||$74,510||0.6%|
|Protective Service Workers, All Other +||1,710||$32,340||-52.5%|
|Physical Scientists, All Other +||520||$87,530||30.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are homeland security related jobs in Pennsylvania