There are schools offering MBA programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 2.8% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from business administration degree programs every year. That means an estimated 10,690 general managers graduate from Pennsylvania's 147 MBA schools each year.
University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a MBA program. It is located in Philadelphia. 328 students graduated with a degree in MBA from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. University of Pennsylvania charged in-state students $40,514 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a MBA program is Carnegie Mellon University. Carnegie Mellon University, which was ranked 16th in the country in 2010, is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, 350 students graduated from Carnegie Mellon University MBA program. Tuition at Carnegie Mellon University was $42,136 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a MBA program is Temple University, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 24th nationwide. In 2010, 182 students graduated from Temple University MBA program. Tuition at Temple University was $12,424 per year.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's MBA schools ranges from $42,342 per year to $2,700 per year. But, the average tuition is $17,513 per year. In 2010, the following Pennsylvania MBA schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Bucknell University - located in Lewisburg, students are charged $42,342 per year
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- Franklin and Marshall College - located in Lancaster, students are charged $41,140 per year
The MBA schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
A MBA degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from MBA school in Pennsylvania go on to work as a general manager. If you decide to work as a general manager in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 50,230 Pennsylvania general managers as of 2010. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of general managers are:
- Bucks County - 17,470 general managers
- Allegheny County - 9,570 general managers
- Warren County - 3,270 general managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of general managers in the state of Pennsylvania will shrink to 36,950. This would require a -7% decline in the profession.
A general manager in Pennsylvania makes an average of $106,180 per year. However, this number is only an average. general managers in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $32,860 to $166,130 per year in 2010. A general manager in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bucks County - $123,860 per year
- Allegheny County - $105,540 per year
- Warren County - $105,520 per year
The following counties in Pennsylvania have the lowest average salaries for general managers:
- Cambria County - $74,840 per year
- Lebanon County - $76,230 per year
- Bradford County - $79,250 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Business Administration in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying MBA gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||50,230||$106,180||10.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are MBA related jobs in Pennsylvania