There are schools offering music production programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Music Production Programs in Pennsylvania
Your Favorite Schools
York College Pennsylvania, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a music production program. It is located in York. 5 students graduated with a degree in music production from York College Pennsylvania in 2010. Tuition at York College Pennsylvania was $15,140 per year.
Lebanon Valley College, which is located in Annville, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a music production program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. 19 students graduated with degree in music production from Lebanon Valley College in 2010. Tuition at Lebanon Valley College was $31,620 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a music production program is The Art Institute of Philadelphia, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. Students at The Art Institute of Philadelphia paid $17,920 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania music production school, average tuition will be $10,319 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,090 per year to $31,620 per year. In 2010, the music production schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Lebanon Valley College - located in Annville, students are charged $31,620 per year
- The Art Institute of Philadelphia - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $17,920 per year
- York College Pennsylvania - located in York, students are charged $15,140 per year
The music production schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Montgomery County Community College-Central Campus - located in Blue Bell, students are charged $3,510 per year
A music production degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania music production graduates become music producers. Pennsylvania had 1,000 music producers in 2010. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of music producers are:
- Allegheny County - 290 music producers
- Bucks County - 230 music producers
- Lackawanna County - 80 music producers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of music producers in the state of Pennsylvania will shrink to 3,100. This would require a -7% decline in the profession.
A music producer in Pennsylvania makes an average of $52,090 per year. But, salaries for music producers can vary. In 2010, music producers made as little as less than $15,900 per year or as much as more than $131,240 per year in Pennsylvania. On average a music producer earns the most in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Cumberland County - $64,250 per year
- Bucks County - $64,240 per year
- Bradford County - $58,620 per year
On average, music producers earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bedford County - $39,770 per year
- Centre County - $41,900 per year
- Berks County - $45,960 per year
For more data regarding a career in music production in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as video production or music, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Music Production in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Music Production in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Music Production in Pennsylvania
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,535 miles from location||Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg||Harrisburg||PA||13.2135||n/a||22,529|
|5,442 miles from location||Community College of Philadelphia||Philadelphia||PA||10.286||n/a||19,048|
|5,450 miles from location||Montgomery County Community College-Central Campus||Blue Bell||PA||10.9488||n/a||10,500|
|5,473 miles from location||Lehigh Carbon Community College||Schnecksville||PA||12.2036||n/a||8,127|
|5,499 miles from location||Luzerne County Community College||Nanticoke||PA||12.9331||n/a||7,130|
|5,524 miles from location||York College Pennsylvania||York||PA||64.1973||18%||5,564|
|5,442 miles from location||The Art Institute of Philadelphia||Philadelphia||PA||24.176||95%||3,616|
|5,517 miles from location||Lebanon Valley College||Annville||PA||32.6395||28%||2,045|
Curious what studying Music Production gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors +||1,720||$60,770||1.8%|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians +||1,700||$37,200||47.8%|
|Music Directors and Composers +||1,000||$52,090||300.0%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians +||600||$43,190||252.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are music production related jobs in Pennsylvania