There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.2% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from pharmacy technician training certificate programs every year. Thus, Pennsylvania's 24 pharmacy technician schools put out approximately 734 pharmacy technicians each year.
Bidwell Training Center Inc, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a pharmacy technician program. It is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, Bidwell Training Center Inc graduated 16 students from its pharmacy technician program.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a pharmacy technician program is Pennco Tech. Pennco Tech, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Bristol. In 2010, Pennco Tech graduated 6 students from its pharmacy technician program.
Penn Commercial Business/Technical School, which is located in Washington, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 63rd in the country in 2010. Students at Penn Commercial Business/Technical School paid $20,600 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania pharmacy technician school, average tuition will be $5,318 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,720 per year to $20,600 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Penn Commercial Business/Technical School - located in Washington, students are charged $20,600 per year
- Sanford-Brown Institute - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $20,533 per year
- Everest Institute-Pittsburgh - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $13,826 per year
The following Pennsylvania pharmacy technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
- Pennsylvania Highlands Community College - located in Johnstown, students are charged $3,445 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from pharmacy technician school in Pennsylvania go on to work as a pharmacy technician. In 2010, there were 14,320 pharmacy technicians working in Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of pharmacy technicians are:
- Bucks County - 4,990 pharmacy technicians
- Allegheny County - 3,100 pharmacy technicians
- Warren County - 830 pharmacy technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of pharmacy technicians in the state of Pennsylvania will grow to 19,500. This would require a 29% growth in the profession.
On average, a pharmacy technician earns a salary of $27,470 per year in Pennsylvania state. However, Pennsylvania pharmacy technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,220 per year to more than $45,980 per year in 2010. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for a pharmacy technician are:
- Lebanon County - $32,920 per year
- Cumberland County - $29,860 per year
- Bucks County - $29,080 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for pharmacy technicians are:
- Bradford County - $21,980 per year
- Lycoming County - $22,720 per year
- Clarion County - $23,280 per year
For more data regarding a career in pharmacy technician training in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or physician assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Pennsylvania